Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unidentified timber vendor - DIY store - recognise the label? HELP!

With a couple of thousand of you out there, I was hoping that this
label would be recognised. I need urgently to know the likely store
that sells it. Its the sort of label one is likely to find on a DIY
store such as Wickes or Homebase or B and Q.
Go to this link to see a photo
http://cms.atics.co.uk/2.html
Chris George
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
With a couple of thousand of you out there, I was hoping that this
label would be recognised. I need urgently to know the likely store
that sells it. Its the sort of label one is likely to find on a DIY
store such as Wickes or Homebase or B and Q.
Go to this link to see a photo
http://cms.atics.co.uk/2.html
Chris George

Doing a quick search on Google for the bar code number points to B&Q

Go to the B&Q website, then slap in 5014957047174 in the search, and bingo!

Here is a link
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...74&x=18 &y=17

Toby...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

On Jun 4, 5:20*pm, wrote:
With a couple of thousand of you out there, I was hoping that this
label would be recognised. *I need urgently to know the likely store
that sells it. Its the sort of label one is likely to find on a DIY
store such as Wickes or Homebase or B and Q.
Go to this link to see a photohttp://cms.atics.co.uk/2.html
Chris George

looks like B&Q to me

J^n
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian wrote:
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

With a couple of thousand of you out there, I was hoping that this
label would be recognised. I need urgently to know the likely store
that sells it. Its the sort of label one is likely to find on a DIY
store such as Wickes or Homebase or B and Q. Go to this link to see
a photo
http://cms.atics.co.uk/2.html

That's a B&Q label.

Yup. Wickes is similar but yellow.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4 June, 17:20, wrote:
I need urgently to know the likely store that sells it.

One feels compelled to ask why you need to know (and urgently)?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On 4 June, 17:20, wrote:
I need urgently to know the likely store that sells it.

One feels compelled to ask why you need to know (and urgently)?

well, if it is from b&Q, it's prolly full of knotts and more bent than
graham norton, so he needs to know which area managers arse to shove them up
sideways.

--
Die cut vinyl stickers made to your design (within reason)
Cheap as it's a hobby not a business.

Delete the bits between the ~'s to email me

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4 June, 22:46, "gazz"
wrote:
wrote in message

On 4 June, 17:20, wrote:
I need urgently to know the likely store that sells it.

One feels compelled to ask why you need to know (and urgently)?

well, if it is from b&Q, it's prolly full of knotts and more bent than
graham norton, so he needs to know which area managers arse to shove them up
sideways.

--
Die cut vinyl stickers made to your design (within reason)
Cheap as it's a hobby not a business.

Delete the bits between the ~'s to email me

Thanks to Toby JKN the Medway Handiman and gazz

Yes it is B & Q

For the curiosity of Rory
I have been asked for my expert opinion on ageing some timbers in a
Court case in which I am instructed and was considering
dendrochronology until I went on site and found this label. As my
brief was to age it within decades, this label puts the timber pretty
squarely in the last decade or so but I will check with the store!
Thanks to you all

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gazz" wrote in message

well, if it is from b&Q, it's prolly full of knotts and more bent than
graham norton,

That's why B&Q sponsored her on her round the world sailing trip. It saved
the boat builders hundreds of hours as they didn't need to bend the wood for
the three hulls!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/phot...es/4213575.stm

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rad Rad is offline

On 5 June, 07:25, Owain wrote:
wrote:
I have been asked for my expert opinion on ageing some timbers in a
Court case in which I am instructed and was considering
dendrochronology until I went on site and found this label. *As my
brief was to age it within decades, this label puts the timber pretty
squarely in the last decade or so but I will check with the store!

Have you considered that the label may not be contemporaneous with the
timber?

Owain

No, because there is a label on every single one of 15 odd timbers and
the tenor of the construction is such that there is no doubt it is
genuine
As a matter of interest I have now found out the age of the label and
it is less than 10 years old
Chris

Anybody recognise this? Robin UK diy 15 September 19th 08 12:05 PM
Anyone recognise this mixer shower? rrh UK diy 9 April 12th 06 12:59 PM
Unidentified Timber IanF Woodworking 0 September 28th 05 11:50 PM
Unidentified timber IanF Woodworking 15 September 18th 05 12:38 PM
Anyone recognise this fuse module? Gerd Busker UK diy 3 February 28th 05 01:14 PM