Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh

Default Anyone recognise this mixer shower?

Installed mid-1999 in my absence by someone I can't trace. Now the
temperature control knob (lower in second pic) has broken. Have ggogled my
life away but can find nothing just like it. Plumbers merchants are useless
unless I can tell them the exact make and model...

http://tinypic.com/v60jtf.jpg

http://tinypic.com/v60jyd.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

"rrh" wrote in message
k...
Installed mid-1999 in my absence by someone I can't trace. Now the
temperature control knob (lower in second pic) has broken. Have ggogled my
life away but can find nothing just like it. Plumbers merchants are
useless unless I can tell them the exact make and model...

http://tinypic.com/v60jtf.jpg

http://tinypic.com/v60jyd.jpg

Designs do change, so you might not find the exact same one on the
manufacturers' web sites today. I would look for anything close, then send a
copy of the picture to the customer services department of the relevant
manufacturer and ask if they used to make one like it.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

rrh wrote:
Installed mid-1999 in my absence by someone I can't trace. Now the
temperature control knob (lower in second pic) has broken. Have ggogled my
life away but can find nothing just like it. Plumbers merchants are useless
unless I can tell them the exact make and model...

http://tinypic.com/v60jtf.jpg

http://tinypic.com/v60jyd.jpg

You could try a query to these folks:

http://www.showerdoctor.co.uk/

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TonyK

"rrh" wrote in message
k...
Installed mid-1999 in my absence by someone I can't trace. Now the
temperature control knob (lower in second pic) has broken. Have ggogled my
life away but can find nothing just like it. Plumbers merchants are

useless
unless I can tell them the exact make and model...

http://tinypic.com/v60jtf.jpg

http://tinypic.com/v60jyd.jpg

Looks very much like a Trevi shower, what model though is anyones guess.
Contact Trevi, they carry spares for years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
VisionSet

"TonyK" wrote in message

"rrh" wrote in message
k...
Installed mid-1999 in my absence by someone I can't trace. Now the
temperature control knob (lower in second pic) has broken. Have ggogled

my
life away but can find nothing just like it. Plumbers merchants are

useless
unless I can tell them the exact make and model...

http://tinypic.com/v60jtf.jpg

http://tinypic.com/v60jyd.jpg

Looks very much like a Trevi shower, what model though is anyones guess.
Contact Trevi, they carry spares for years.

I'd agree with that

Mines a Trevie:

http://tinypic.com/v6hdtu.jpg

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh

Looks very much like a Trevi shower, what model though is anyones guess.
Contact Trevi, they carry spares for years.

Thanks to all; will try this.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:27:15 +0000, rrh wrote:

Installed mid-1999 in my absence by someone I can't trace. Now the
temperature control knob (lower in second pic) has broken. Have ggogled my
life away but can find nothing just like it. Plumbers merchants are useless
unless I can tell them the exact make and model...

http://tinypic.com/v60jtf.jpg

http://tinypic.com/v60jyd.jpg

If you take the plate off and it looks like this
http://i1.tinypic.com/v7b2o3.jpg
(give or take detail of the knobs) then I think it's a valve sold under
the name 'Sol' by BES and Biasa ("traditional thermostatic shower
valve 31-241") by Bathroom Express (and maybe others). BES don't do spare
parts for theirs (though the whole valve is only £100). I haven't tried
Biasa/Bathroom Express). Please let me know how you get on with spares for
these.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 00:22:08 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

If you take the plate off and it looks like this
http://i1.tinypic.com/v7b2o3.jpg
(give or take detail of the knobs) then I think it's a valve sold under
the name 'Sol' by BES and Biasa ("traditional thermostatic shower
valve 31-241") by Bathroom Express (and maybe others).

PS Bathroom Express (who seem to identify themselves on the phone as
'Pegasus') are on 01633 244699. Their website didn't have the valve
on it when I fitted that valve a year ago so you probably need to phone
them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 00:22:08 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

If you take the plate off and it looks like this
http://i1.tinypic.com/v7b2o3.jpg
(give or take detail of the knobs) then I think it's a valve sold under
the name 'Sol' by BES and Biasa ("traditional thermostatic shower
valve 31-241") by Bathroom Express (and maybe others).

PS Bathroom Express (who seem to identify themselves on the phone as
'Pegasus') are on 01633 244699. Their website didn't have the valve
on it when I fitted that valve a year ago so you probably need to phone
them.

Ta; v helpful. Actually all that's visible under the plate is the panel the
unit's fixed to, with two small holes for the fixing screws, so either the
body of the valve is only visible from the rear (much dismantling, just
redecorated, grr) or it's a different make.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 06:21:41 +0000, rrh wrote:

Ta; v helpful. Actually all that's visible under the plate is the panel
the unit's fixed to, with two small holes for the fixing screws, so
either the body of the valve is only visible from the rear (much
dismantling, just redecorated, grr) or it's a different make.

Sounds like a different unit then. If it was the type I neant you'd see
seeing either plaster or concrete where some numpty had rendered it all in
or at least the screws for the flow adjusters either side.

Shower pump / mixer valve [email protected] UK diy 0 August 24th 05 08:46 PM
Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
Mixer shower only working half the time Red UK diy 0 July 27th 05 11:39 AM
Thermostatic shower mixer and diverter to bath/showerhead Matthew Barnard UK diy 1 June 22nd 05 10:57 AM
Gravity fed Shower mixer ; cold from mains, hot from cylinder tank Ghazali UK diy 5 February 16th 04 12:22 PM