Matthew Barnard

Default Thermostatic shower mixer and diverter to bath/showerhead

I am installing a new bathroom suite. Low pressure water supply and hot
and cold storage tanks. For various reasons I intend to install a
thermostatic shower mixer, the output of which will fill the bath.
Ideally I would also like a separate shower head attachment for (low
pressure) rinsing. Both of these will be entirely separate (physically
and plumbing connections) from a (venturi) overhead shower.

I could use a triple thermostatic shower mixer. However my preferred
model only has a double mixer (one output) and optional diverters. My
question is - is it feasible to use a thermostatic mixer plus diverter
on a low pressure system? The mixer is specified to be used on low
pressure - and of course will only be used to fill the bath or supply a
low pressure rinser. Not sure of the difference in flow rates/resistance
between triple thermostatic mixer and double mixer plus diverter....
--
Matthew Barnard
BigWallop

"Matthew Barnard" wrote in message
[...]

What sort of head height and pressure are you actually getting at the
bathroom supplies?

The mixer you need is a dual flow one, like the type that allows you to lift
a plunger on the tap body and lets water out the shower riser.

I think your making things to complicated, going by your description anyway,
and an easier solution should be planned. The more you complicated the job,
the more problems you'll have.

Diverter Valves Chris J Dixon UK diy 3 September 24th 04 10:19 AM
Mixer shower only works sometimes Set Square UK diy 17 July 5th 04 06:13 PM
More mixer shower woes BillV UK diy 4 May 14th 04 09:18 PM