Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default Anyone recognise this mixer shower?

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:27:15 +0000, rrh wrote:

Installed mid-1999 in my absence by someone I can't trace. Now the
temperature control knob (lower in second pic) has broken. Have ggogled my
life away but can find nothing just like it. Plumbers merchants are useless
unless I can tell them the exact make and model...

http://tinypic.com/v60jtf.jpg

http://tinypic.com/v60jyd.jpg

If you take the plate off and it looks like this
http://i1.tinypic.com/v7b2o3.jpg
(give or take detail of the knobs) then I think it's a valve sold under
the name 'Sol' by BES and Biasa ("traditional thermostatic shower
valve 31-241") by Bathroom Express (and maybe others). BES don't do spare
parts for theirs (though the whole valve is only £100). I haven't tried
Biasa/Bathroom Express). Please let me know how you get on with spares for
these.