Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nothing sux like a Dyson

I'm sure that my Dyson DC07 doesn't pick up debris as well as it used to
from our filthy carpets (though actually it does suck pretty well, and
so it should, having had a new motor and filters etc recently).

I thought that the bristles on the rotating brush looked a bit short. Do
these tend to wear down?

Daniele
Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M. Procida wrote:
I'm sure that my Dyson DC07 doesn't pick up debris as well as it used to
from our filthy carpets (though actually it does suck pretty well, and
so it should, having had a new motor and filters etc recently).

I thought that the bristles on the rotating brush looked a bit short. Do
these tend to wear down?

Daniele

The brushes on all cleaners wear and are available as replacement
service parts. Places like ezee fix should have them on line.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:
D.M. Procida wrote:
I'm sure that my Dyson DC07 doesn't pick up debris as well as it used to
from our filthy carpets (though actually it does suck pretty well, and
so it should, having had a new motor and filters etc recently).

I thought that the bristles on the rotating brush looked a bit short. Do
these tend to wear down?

Daniele

The brushes on all cleaners wear and are available as replacement
service parts. Places like ezee fix should have them on line.

I see they also have them on ebay
Search for Dyson (brushroll,brush roll)
Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:12:10 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

The brushes on all cleaners wear and are available as replacement
service parts. Places like ezee fix should have them on line.

Or go for the £65 all in service call from Dyson all bits that need
replacement will be.

I find our DC04 starts to suffer lack of suck when the brush bar is
clogged with No.1 Daughters hair or lengths of discarded wool from SWMBO'd
knitting.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Bob Minchin wrote:
D.M. Procida wrote:
I'm sure that my Dyson DC07 doesn't pick up debris as well as it used to
from our filthy carpets (though actually it does suck pretty well, and
so it should, having had a new motor and filters etc recently).

I thought that the bristles on the rotating brush looked a bit short. Do
these tend to wear down?

Daniele

The brushes on all cleaners wear and are available as replacement service
parts. Places like ezee fix should have them on line.

I see they also have them on ebay
Search for Dyson (brushroll,brush roll)
Bob

But does it suck well from the main head? Have you checked that the
removable tube underneath isn't blocked - or the short flexi pipe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M. Procida wrote:
I'm sure that my Dyson DC07 doesn't pick up debris as well as it used
to from our filthy carpets (though actually it does suck pretty well,
and so it should, having had a new motor and filters etc recently).

They have pathetic performance from new.

Bin it & buy a Sebo. http://www.sebo.co.uk/Pages/uprights.html

Even better a commercial grade Sebo http://www.sebo.co.uk/Pages/bs4636.html

The commercial machine will outlast you.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
D.M. Procida wrote:
I'm sure that my Dyson DC07 doesn't pick up debris as well as it used
to from our filthy carpets (though actually it does suck pretty well,
and so it should, having had a new motor and filters etc recently).

They have pathetic performance from new.

i have my mums old dc04 now, every year i take it to bits, shake out all the
collected dust, then blow through all the holes in the cyclones and all
that, it's amazing the ammount of claggy dust that comes out, pull all the
carpet strands and hair from the brushes and so on,

takes us a while to get used to it again as it sticks to the carpet so much
from the suction,

i dont have a grand or so for one of those 'commercial' vacuums so make do
with the dyson, it does all i want and much beter than any vacuum i've ever
owned before.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 02:02:06 -0000, "gazz" wrote:

i dont have a grand or so for one of those 'commercial' vacuums so make do
with the dyson, it does all i want and much beter than any vacuum i've ever
owned before.

Also, you'll need commercial quality carpets or replace them more frequently.
My DC04 lifts the carpet slightly, so I can't see there can be much wrong with
the suction. All they need, as you say, is a bit of TLC occasionally.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

They have pathetic performance from new.

Bin it & buy a Sebo. http://www.sebo.co.uk/Pages/uprights.html

Even better a commercial grade Sebo
http://www.sebo.co.uk/Pages/bs4636.html

The commercial machine will outlast you.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Good advice, our Sebo has been brilliant.

David - Milton Keynes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-12-15, David Klyne wrote:
They have pathetic performance from new.

Bin it & buy a Sebo. http://www.sebo.co.uk/Pages/uprights.html

Even better a commercial grade Sebo
http://www.sebo.co.uk/Pages/bs4636.html

The commercial machine will outlast you.

Good advice, our Sebo has been brilliant.

Agreed. We have one which must be ~15 years old. It ate its motor last year & I
got another from someone on t'web. Apart from that, it's a splendid piece of
kit. Unlike the scabby Electrolux it replaced.

They don't do too well on a Which? test - the X4 below average, Felix 1
a best buy but only average on carpets. Miele and Dyson Which?'s favourites.

I've had a Dyson well over 10 years, left it outside for a week once
during a tropical storm season, and it still seems to work very well.
Bit noisy perhaps.

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M. Procida wrote:

I'm sure that my Dyson DC07 doesn't pick up debris as well as it used to
from our filthy carpets (though actually it does suck pretty well, and
so it should, having had a new motor and filters etc recently).

I thought that the bristles on the rotating brush looked a bit short. Do
these tend to wear down?

I fitted a new rotating brush, and performance is much improved. I can
now hear, and feel the rotation of, the brushes on the carpet, which I
couldn't with the old brush.

Not sure why some people insist that Dysons aren't good vacuum cleaners.
When this one is working as it should, it seems to perform perfectly
satisfactorily. It does need a little care and maintenance, but it's
nothing too hard to do.

Daniele

Dead Dyson (yes, really!). T i m UK diy 18 July 21st 07 11:36 AM
Dyson DC4 ken UK diy 1 June 24th 06 01:00 PM
Looking for source of spare parts for Dyson appliances (other than Dyson!) [email protected] UK diy 7 April 5th 06 02:43 AM
Dumped my Dyson norm UK diy 116 January 3rd 06 05:40 PM
Dyson DC03 Help Please? Guy Smith Home Repair 0 June 24th 04 05:29 PM