Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob[_10_] Rob[_10_] is offline

Default Nothing sux like a Dyson

Huge wrote:
On 2008-12-15, David Klyne wrote:
They have pathetic performance from new.

Bin it & buy a Sebo. http://www.sebo.co.uk/Pages/uprights.html

Even better a commercial grade Sebo
http://www.sebo.co.uk/Pages/bs4636.html

The commercial machine will outlast you.

Good advice, our Sebo has been brilliant.

Agreed. We have one which must be ~15 years old. It ate its motor last year & I
got another from someone on t'web. Apart from that, it's a splendid piece of
kit. Unlike the scabby Electrolux it replaced.

They don't do too well on a Which? test - the X4 below average, Felix 1
a best buy but only average on carpets. Miele and Dyson Which?'s favourites.

I've had a Dyson well over 10 years, left it outside for a week once
during a tropical storm season, and it still seems to work very well.
Bit noisy perhaps.

Rob