Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M. Procida D.M. Procida is offline

Default Nothing sux like a Dyson

D.M. Procida wrote:

I'm sure that my Dyson DC07 doesn't pick up debris as well as it used to
from our filthy carpets (though actually it does suck pretty well, and
so it should, having had a new motor and filters etc recently).

I thought that the bristles on the rotating brush looked a bit short. Do
these tend to wear down?

I fitted a new rotating brush, and performance is much improved. I can
now hear, and feel the rotation of, the brushes on the carpet, which I
couldn't with the old brush.

Not sure why some people insist that Dysons aren't good vacuum cleaners.
When this one is working as it should, it seems to perform perfectly
satisfactorily. It does need a little care and maintenance, but it's
nothing too hard to do.

Daniele