Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher spray - how powerful should it be?

Hi, my Neff dishwasher's not doing a very good job any more. In
particular the stuff on the top shelf is hardly being touched.
I figured out how to get it to run with the door open and the water
spray at the top of the machine is a bit pathetic.
There's a spray nozzle ate the very top of the machine and water
barely dribbles out of that.

What should I be expecting?
Should it be blasting water out all over the place?
I noticed that the spray seems to pulse as the puddle of water in the
bottom of the dishwasher rises and falls.

My guess is the fill level sensor is cutting in before quite enough
water is in the machine.
Does that sound likely?
What's the easiest way to fix this please?

TIA

P.S. If someone thinks the motor's on the blink then it's probably
time for a new washer - the motor's £130!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Hi, my Neff dishwasher's not doing a very good job any more. In
particular the stuff on the top shelf is hardly being touched.
I figured out how to get it to run with the door open and the water
spray at the top of the machine is a bit pathetic.
There's a spray nozzle ate the very top of the machine and water
barely dribbles out of that.

What should I be expecting?
Should it be blasting water out all over the place?
I noticed that the spray seems to pulse as the puddle of water in the
bottom of the dishwasher rises and falls.

My guess is the fill level sensor is cutting in before quite enough
water is in the machine.
Does that sound likely?
What's the easiest way to fix this please?

TIA

P.S. If someone thinks the motor's on the blink then it's probably
time for a new washer - the motor's £130!

Run a dishwasher cleaner through it and make sure the top wand is clean
internally. They usually pull off for inspection. Clear the filters and
check to see if there isn't a hidden filter underneath that traps larger
objects and debris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:15:37 -0000, "RW" wrote:

Run a dishwasher cleaner through it and make sure the top wand is clean
internally. They usually pull off for inspection. Clear the filters and
check to see if there isn't a hidden filter underneath that traps larger
objects and debris

I've dismantled and cleaned everything that's inside the machine.
To be honest I'd assumed those dishwasher cleaners were a scam.
Maybe I'll give one a try.

Thing is, am I flogging a dead horse? The machine is about 10 years
old. That's why I was asking how powerful the spray should be.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:15:37 -0000, "RW" wrote:

Run a dishwasher cleaner through it and make sure the top wand is clean
internally. They usually pull off for inspection. Clear the filters and
check to see if there isn't a hidden filter underneath that traps larger
objects and debris

I've dismantled and cleaned everything that's inside the machine.
To be honest I'd assumed those dishwasher cleaners were a scam.
Maybe I'll give one a try.

Thing is, am I flogging a dead horse? The machine is about 10 years
old. That's why I was asking how powerful the spray should be.

AH!
10 years....Ours lasted 4½ ! Died with terminal selector knob failure
*after* I actually got the fekin wands clear and spinning like a 'copters
blades.
Won one on Ebay this week, 8 months old, £45.

Go look see.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:49:19 +0000, Lobster
wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions folks.
I'll try giving the tubes another clean and then try the 'deep clean'.

Actually several years ago it started to leak. I couldn't work out
which seal was the problem so lived with it for a while (catching the
drips whenever it was used - wife wasn't impressed!)
Some time later the leaks stopped - I realised later that something
must have reduced the water flow - but it was still cleaning okay.

I figured it had now reached the final stage of deterioration.
But I'll give it one last chance.