Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] pjlusenet@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Dishwasher spray - how powerful should it be?

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 23:47:30 +0000, wrote:

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:49:19 +0000, Lobster
wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions folks.
I'll try giving the tubes another clean and then try the 'deep clean'.

An update, in case it helps anyone else.

Tried using a dishwasher cleaner. Helped a bit for the next wash but
it still wasn't working well.

I pulled the machine out, removed the left side panel and dismantled
the tubing etc.. (this is a Neff by the way)
The float, that triggers a micro switch when enough water is in the
machine, was covered in grease.
Gave it a good clean, re-assembled and the machine now washes like new

It looks like the dirt on the float was stopping the machine from
filling properly. This meant as soon as it started to spray the water
level dropped and there was no longer enough to pump. I could see/hear
this 'pulsing' action before I cleaned it. After cleaning the pulsing
no longer happens.

And, in case anyone's interested, the spray now comes several inches
higher than the top of the machine (if I have the door open)