Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher spray - how powerful should it be?

Hi, my Neff dishwasher's not doing a very good job any more. In
particular the stuff on the top shelf is hardly being touched.
I figured out how to get it to run with the door open and the water
spray at the top of the machine is a bit pathetic.
There's a spray nozzle ate the very top of the machine and water
barely dribbles out of that.

What should I be expecting?
Should it be blasting water out all over the place?
I noticed that the spray seems to pulse as the puddle of water in the
bottom of the dishwasher rises and falls.

My guess is the fill level sensor is cutting in before quite enough
water is in the machine.
Does that sound likely?
What's the easiest way to fix this please?

TIA

P.S. If someone thinks the motor's on the blink then it's probably
time for a new washer - the motor's £130!