Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Wanted: Cheap Sliding Chop Saw

Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I don't care
if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I can use 110 or 240.
Have been looking on ebay but most are going for more than I can afford at
the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier please let
me know.

Cheers
Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I don't care
if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I can use 110 or 240.
Have been looking on ebay but most are going for more than I can afford at
the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier please let
me know.

Where are you? Trago had a nice one but you would have to check whether
they still have stock. But they only have branches in East Devon and
Cornwall and don't do mail order.

--
Sue
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going for
more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

To restore balance to the world Palindrome wrote in

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going
for more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

Where are you? Trago had a nice one but you would have to check
whether they still have stock. But they only have branches in East
Devon and Cornwall and don't do mail order.

--
Sue

Sunny Southend On Sea Essex not to sunny at the moment.

Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk
The FlatPack Man http://www.flat-pack.info

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

To restore balance to the world The Medway Handyman wrote in

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going for
more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Looked at that one online have you used it ?

Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk
The FlatPack Man http://www.flat-pack.info

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I don't care
if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I can use 110 or 240.
Have been looking on ebay but most are going for more than I can afford at
the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier please let
me know.

20 mins left:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-LS1013-... 310064230209

The LS1013 usually go for about £200 ish.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITRE-SAW-MAKI...em250269569668
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAKITA-LS1013-...2 50269498554
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding... m260260521219
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding...1 30237158870

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-13 20:38:38 +0100, John Rumm said:

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I don't
care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I can use
110 or 240.
Have been looking on ebay but most are going for more than I can afford
at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier please
let me know.

20 mins left:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-LS1013-... 310064230209

The

LS1013 usually go for about £200 ish.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITRE-SAW-MAKI...em250269569668

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAKITA-LS1013-...2 50269498554
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding... m260260521219
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding...1 30237158870

That

would be a very good buy at that price and is unquestionably up to trade use.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

I've got a DeWalt DW700 in immaculate condition, including leg stand.

£90 as it stands with a very good original blade, or £110 including a
brand new spare freud diablo blade.

I'm based in Norfolk, but in London once or twice a month.
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

To restore balance to the world John Rumm wrote in
net
Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going
for more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

20 mins left:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-LS1013-... 310064230209

The LS1013 usually go for about £200 ish.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITRE-SAW-MAKI...em250269569668
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAKITA-LS1013-...2 50269498554
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding... m260260521219
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding...1 30237158870

--
Cheers,

John.

Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
-----------------------------------------------------------------|
John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |

Im watching/biding on a couple at the moment on ebay .Was just wondering if
anyone know other places to pick one up ,and what is about.Money is a bit
low at the moment as I have just made a big donation to some junkies...so
have a couple of thing that need replacing..

Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk
The FlatPack Man http://www.flat-pack.info

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:

Im watching/biding on a couple at the moment on ebay .Was just wondering if
anyone know other places to pick one up ,and what is about.Money is a bit
low at the moment as I have just made a big donation to some junkies...so
have a couple of thing that need replacing..

Might be worth giving Marshall & Parsons a ring (they are on London road
in the Leigh on Sea ish area), see if they know of any local suppliers
of second hand kit.

http://www.marshallandparsons.co.uk/

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going
for more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Looked at that one online have you used it ?

Not used it, but I had a good look at one in store the other day, seems like
a very good piece of kit for the money.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message om...
Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going for
more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99 http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

Aldi DID have them on sale just a couple of weeks ago
Priced at £49:95 IIRC

T-L

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going for
more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99 http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

Aldi DID have them on sale just a couple of weeks ago
Priced at £49:95 IIRC

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going
for more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.
What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

Aldi DID have them on sale just a couple of weeks ago
Priced at £49:95 IIRC

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

Depends what trade he is in?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

To restore balance to the world Joker7 wrote in

Thanks for all the replies and offers. I now have a load machine,so do not
have to rush into things at the moment.

I most say at the lower end of thing the Wicks @149 looked ok from what I
could see from the web-site..
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/2000W-S...aw/invt/186891

Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk
The FlatPack Man http://www.flat-pack.info

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:

Im watching/biding on a couple at the moment on ebay .Was just wondering if
anyone know other places to pick one up ,and what is about.Money is a bit
low at the moment as I have just made a big donation to some junkies...so
have a couple of thing that need replacing..

That wouldn't be Gordon and his tax hungry mates would it?

Lad next door has just left for the Isle of Man for a few days, to avoid
paying income tax (he normally works on a survey ship in the North Sea,
so I'm not sure of the reasons for doing this.

Dave
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-14 20:02:48 +0100, Dave said:

Joker7 wrote:

Im watching/biding on a couple at the moment on ebay .Was just
wondering if anyone know other places to pick one up ,and what is
about.Money is a bit low at the moment as I have just made a big
donation to some junkies...so have a couple of thing that need
replacing..

That wouldn't be Gordon and his tax hungry mates would it?

Lad next door has just left for the Isle of Man for a few days, to
avoid paying income tax (he normally works on a survey ship in the
North Sea, so I'm not sure of the reasons for doing this.

Dave

To have X number of days resident outside of mainland UK. There is a
quaifying number of days for non residency. I suppose that the tours
of duty on board the ships don't always run precisely.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

Depends what trade he is in?

Toys R Us employee?

When the Aldi SCMS was last discussed, someom=ne on this group bought one to
improve the production speed of rabbit hutch building or something similar
IIRC.

Thats a trade. Possibly not one that requires absolute precision cutting or
continuous daily use, but it's still a trade. The Aldi saw may well be over
spec for that trade.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-14 22:12:59 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Andy Hall wrote:

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

Depends what trade he is in?

Toys R Us employee?

When the Aldi SCMS was last discussed, someom=ne on this group bought one to
improve the production speed of rabbit hutch building or something similar
IIRC.

Thats a trade. Possibly not one that requires absolute precision cutting or
continuous daily use, but it's still a trade. The Aldi saw may well be over
spec for that trade.

That would depend on the quality of the rabbit hutches. There's some
real rubbish in pet stores so I made my own. Bunny and Guinea
should not have to live in substandard accomodation.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-14 22:12:59 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Andy Hall wrote:

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

Depends what trade he is in?

Toys R Us employee?

When the Aldi SCMS was last discussed, someom=ne on this group
bought one to improve the production speed of rabbit hutch building
or something similar IIRC.

Thats a trade. Possibly not one that requires absolute precision
cutting or continuous daily use, but it's still a trade. The Aldi
saw may well be over spec for that trade.

That would depend on the quality of the rabbit hutches. There's some
real rubbish in pet stores so I made my own. Bunny and Guinea
should not have to live in substandard accomodation.

I'll bet they have en suite & everything...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-14 22:46:06 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"

On 2008-07-14 22:12:59 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Andy Hall wrote:

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

Depends what trade he is in?

Toys R Us employee?

When the Aldi SCMS was last discussed, someom=ne on this group
bought one to improve the production speed of rabbit hutch building
or something similar IIRC.

Thats a trade. Possibly not one that requires absolute precision
cutting or continuous daily use, but it's still a trade. The Aldi
saw may well be over spec for that trade.

That would depend on the quality of the rabbit hutches. There's some
real rubbish in pet stores so I made my own. Bunny and Guinea
should not have to live in substandard accomodation.

I'll bet they have en suite & everything...

Of course.... Nicely insulated too.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:20:36 +0100, Andy Hall

On 2008-07-14 22:12:59 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Andy Hall wrote:

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

Depends what trade he is in?

Toys R Us employee?

When the Aldi SCMS was last discussed, someom=ne on this group bought one to
improve the production speed of rabbit hutch building or something similar
IIRC.

Thats a trade. Possibly not one that requires absolute precision cutting or
continuous daily use, but it's still a trade. The Aldi saw may well be over
spec for that trade.

That would depend on the quality of the rabbit hutches. There's some
real rubbish in pet stores so I made my own. Bunny and Guinea

Andy - I didn't think you'd tolerate a pet called Guinea - it's such a
British, non-EU sort of name :-)

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-15 00:15:03 +0100, Frank Erskine

On 2008-07-14 22:12:59 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Andy Hall wrote:

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

Depends what trade he is in?

Toys R Us employee?

When the Aldi SCMS was last discussed, someom=ne on this group bought one to
improve the production speed of rabbit hutch building or something similar
IIRC.

Thats a trade. Possibly not one that requires absolute precision cutting or
continuous daily use, but it's still a trade. The Aldi saw may well be over
spec for that trade.

That would depend on the quality of the rabbit hutches. There's some
real rubbish in pet stores so I made my own. Bunny and Guinea

Andy - I didn't think you'd tolerate a pet called Guinea - it's such a
British, non-EU sort of name :-)

You're right. I used their pen names.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going
for more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.
What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

Aldi DID have them on sale just a couple of weeks ago
Priced at £49:95 IIRC

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

I bought the Aldi machine last year for a specific project where I worked it
hard for 2 weeks. It worked well, and came with 3 years warranty, can't see
any restrictions in the warranty ruling out trade use so for my £49.99 I am
guaranteed a machine for 3 years.

I also have a Lidl SDS hammer drill, now that has had a hard life having
renovated a cottage and done masses of work on my present home. I even dug
gatepost holes in solid rock with it. The original died at 24 months old, my
fault really for using it to break up concrete in a fireplace with it flat
on the old carpet blocking the air intake. It started spitting sparks and
smoke. Called the helpline, emailed them the receipt and cover of the
handbook, they sent me a whole new kit including the case, drill bits and
chisels. Now that was a result as I had worn out the original chisels, and
broken one of the drill bits.

Mike

fa: pulse counter - will probably sell cheap - who wanted to count pulses per minute? William Noble Metalworking 0 June 1st 08 03:38 AM
compound miter sliding chop saw? peter Home Repair 4 September 25th 06 12:34 AM
huge thin sliding doors CHEAP - do they exist? or suitable materialsfor same? dave Home Repair 3 April 10th 06 09:24 PM
Cheap Mixer tap wanted Matthew UK diy 13 January 29th 06 09:47 PM
Cheap Welding Wire Wanted (uk)... Please Recomend mark Metalworking 0 October 27th 03 01:40 AM