Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Wanted: Cheap Sliding Chop Saw

Tamale-Loco wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going
for more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.
What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

Aldi DID have them on sale just a couple of weeks ago
Priced at £49:95 IIRC

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

I bought the Aldi machine last year for a specific project where I worked it
hard for 2 weeks. It worked well, and came with 3 years warranty, can't see
any restrictions in the warranty ruling out trade use so for my £49.99 I am
guaranteed a machine for 3 years.

I also have a Lidl SDS hammer drill, now that has had a hard life having
renovated a cottage and done masses of work on my present home. I even dug
gatepost holes in solid rock with it. The original died at 24 months old, my
fault really for using it to break up concrete in a fireplace with it flat
on the old carpet blocking the air intake. It started spitting sparks and
smoke. Called the helpline, emailed them the receipt and cover of the
handbook, they sent me a whole new kit including the case, drill bits and
chisels. Now that was a result as I had worn out the original chisels, and
broken one of the drill bits.

Mike