Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Wanted: Cheap Sliding Chop Saw

Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I don't care
if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I can use 110 or 240.
Have been looking on ebay but most are going for more than I can afford at
the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier please let
me know.

Cheers
Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I don't care
if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I can use 110 or 240.
Have been looking on ebay but most are going for more than I can afford at
the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier please let
me know.

Where are you? Trago had a nice one but you would have to check whether
they still have stock. But they only have branches in East Devon and
Cornwall and don't do mail order.

--
Sue
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

To restore balance to the world Palindrome wrote in

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going
for more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

Where are you? Trago had a nice one but you would have to check
whether they still have stock. But they only have branches in East
Devon and Cornwall and don't do mail order.

--
Sue

Sunny Southend On Sea Essex not to sunny at the moment.

Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk
The FlatPack Man http://www.flat-pack.info

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going for
more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

To restore balance to the world The Medway Handyman wrote in

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going for
more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Looked at that one online have you used it ?

Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk
The FlatPack Man http://www.flat-pack.info

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going
for more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Looked at that one online have you used it ?

Not used it, but I had a good look at one in store the other day, seems like
a very good piece of kit for the money.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message om...
Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going for
more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99 http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

Aldi DID have them on sale just a couple of weeks ago
Priced at £49:95 IIRC

T-L

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going for
more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99 http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

Aldi DID have them on sale just a couple of weeks ago
Priced at £49:95 IIRC

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going
for more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.
What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/1200W-S...aw/invt/186890

Aldi have them every now & then.

Aldi DID have them on sale just a couple of weeks ago
Priced at £49:95 IIRC

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

Depends what trade he is in?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I don't care
if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I can use 110 or 240.
Have been looking on ebay but most are going for more than I can afford at
the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier please let
me know.

20 mins left:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-LS1013-... 310064230209

The LS1013 usually go for about £200 ish.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITRE-SAW-MAKI...em250269569668
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAKITA-LS1013-...2 50269498554
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding... m260260521219
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding...1 30237158870

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-13 20:38:38 +0100, John Rumm said:

Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I don't
care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I can use
110 or 240.
Have been looking on ebay but most are going for more than I can afford
at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier please
let me know.

20 mins left:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-LS1013-... 310064230209

The

LS1013 usually go for about £200 ish.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITRE-SAW-MAKI...em250269569668

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAKITA-LS1013-...2 50269498554
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding... m260260521219
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding...1 30237158870

That

would be a very good buy at that price and is unquestionably up to trade use.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

To restore balance to the world John Rumm wrote in
net
Joker7 wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I
don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I
can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going
for more than I can afford at the moment.
So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier
please let me know.

20 mins left:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-LS1013-... 310064230209

The LS1013 usually go for about £200 ish.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITRE-SAW-MAKI...em250269569668
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAKITA-LS1013-...2 50269498554
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding... m260260521219
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Makita-Sliding...1 30237158870

--
Cheers,

John.

Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
-----------------------------------------------------------------|
John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |

Im watching/biding on a couple at the moment on ebay .Was just wondering if
anyone know other places to pick one up ,and what is about.Money is a bit
low at the moment as I have just made a big donation to some junkies...so
have a couple of thing that need replacing..

Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk
The FlatPack Man http://www.flat-pack.info

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:

Im watching/biding on a couple at the moment on ebay .Was just wondering if
anyone know other places to pick one up ,and what is about.Money is a bit
low at the moment as I have just made a big donation to some junkies...so
have a couple of thing that need replacing..

Might be worth giving Marshall & Parsons a ring (they are on London road
in the Leigh on Sea ish area), see if they know of any local suppliers
of second hand kit.

http://www.marshallandparsons.co.uk/

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Joker7 wrote:

Im watching/biding on a couple at the moment on ebay .Was just wondering if
anyone know other places to pick one up ,and what is about.Money is a bit
low at the moment as I have just made a big donation to some junkies...so
have a couple of thing that need replacing..

That wouldn't be Gordon and his tax hungry mates would it?

Lad next door has just left for the Isle of Man for a few days, to avoid
paying income tax (he normally works on a survey ship in the North Sea,
so I'm not sure of the reasons for doing this.

Dave

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-14 20:02:48 +0100, Dave said:

Joker7 wrote:

Im watching/biding on a couple at the moment on ebay .Was just
wondering if anyone know other places to pick one up ,and what is
about.Money is a bit low at the moment as I have just made a big
donation to some junkies...so have a couple of thing that need
replacing..

That wouldn't be Gordon and his tax hungry mates would it?

Lad next door has just left for the Isle of Man for a few days, to
avoid paying income tax (he normally works on a survey ship in the
North Sea, so I'm not sure of the reasons for doing this.

Dave

To have X number of days resident outside of mainland UK. There is a
quaifying number of days for non residency. I suppose that the tours
of duty on board the ships don't always run precisely.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

I've got a DeWalt DW700 in immaculate condition, including leg stand.

£90 as it stands with a very good original blade, or £110 including a
brand new spare freud diablo blade.

I'm based in Norfolk, but in London once or twice a month.
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

To restore balance to the world Joker7 wrote in

Thanks for all the replies and offers. I now have a load machine,so do not
have to rush into things at the moment.

I most say at the lower end of thing the Wicks @149 looked ok from what I
could see from the web-site..
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Saws/2000W-S...aw/invt/186891

Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://dn-22.co.uk
The Handyman http://www.looker.me.uk
The FlatPack Man http://www.flat-pack.info

fa: pulse counter - will probably sell cheap - who wanted to count pulses per minute? William Noble Metalworking 0 June 1st 08 03:38 AM
compound miter sliding chop saw? peter Home Repair 4 September 25th 06 12:34 AM
huge thin sliding doors CHEAP - do they exist? or suitable materialsfor same? dave Home Repair 3 April 10th 06 09:24 PM
Cheap Mixer tap wanted Matthew UK diy 13 January 29th 06 09:47 PM
Cheap Welding Wire Wanted (uk)... Please Recomend mark Metalworking 0 October 27th 03 01:40 AM