Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matthew

Default Cheap Mixer tap wanted

Hi,

Looking to source a cheap mixer tap for the utility room.

Will never get much use, just needs to have a tap - the sink is pretty
useless without it.

Needs to be a mixer tap due to the sink thats fitted.

Any ideas?

Best I can find, that I can collect, is B&Q for £27.

Many thanks

Matthew

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Matthew wrote:

Needs to be a mixer tap due to the sink thats fitted.

For a sink with a single tap hole or two?

Best I can find, that I can collect, is B&Q for £27.

Presumably two holes then, at that price...

Try:
That's 23 quid delivered, or if you can come up with another 30 quids'
worth of stuff to generate a free delivery charge, it's only 17 quid

If you really want to collect, I doubt you'll do much better than 27
quid. Possibly at Wickes?

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Matthew wrote:
Hi,

Looking to source a cheap mixer tap for the utility room.

Will never get much use, just needs to have a tap - the sink is pretty
useless without it.

Needs to be a mixer tap due to the sink thats fitted.

Any ideas?

Best I can find, that I can collect, is B&Q for £27.

Many thanks

Matthew

Lidl had mixer taps (bathroom) last week? £14 or was it 16?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matthew

Single hole I'm afraid!

Cheers

Matt

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul-S8

"Matthew" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Looking to source a cheap mixer tap for the utility room.
Will never get much use, just needs to have a tap - the sink is pretty
useless without it.
Needs to be a mixer tap due to the sink thats fitted.
Any ideas?
Best I can find, that I can collect, is B&Q for £27.
Many thanks

Matthew

What about the local tip? I luckily acquired mine from the inlaws so didn't
have to go there but I was in the same position in that I want's a mixer tap
but being in the garage/utility I didn't want to spend any cash. I kept an
eye out for someone putting a new kitchen in and got lucky there and the
sink for that had a really good mixer tap but it was missing a bit on the
feed pipe so I ended up with the other one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Lidl had mixer taps (bathroom) last week? £14 or was it 16?

I've certainly seen single-pillar kitchen mixers in Aldi for a song; no
idea if they're stocking them now.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Paul-S8 wrote:

What about the local tip?

Stick a WANTED: ad on your local freecycle!

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Adrian C wrote:
Paul-S8 wrote:

What about the local tip?

Stick a WANTED: ad on your local freecycle!

Whoops... that was for the OP :-)

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:32:44 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Lidl had mixer taps (bathroom) last week? £14 or was it 16?

I've certainly seen single-pillar kitchen mixers in Aldi for a song; no
idea if they're stocking them now.

David

They went through last week. A lovely tap but sold out in the first 10
minutes. I arrived to find the empty space. (

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Matthew wrote:
Hi,

Looking to source a cheap mixer tap for the utility room.

Will never get much use, just needs to have a tap - the sink is pretty
useless without it.

Needs to be a mixer tap due to the sink thats fitted.

Any ideas?

Best I can find, that I can collect, is B&Q for £27.

Many thanks

Matthew

If you're anywhere near North London I've got 2 brand new in the box
Kitchen sink single lever ones in chrome complete with pipes etc. £10
each.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

"Matthew" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Looking to source a cheap mixer tap for the utility room.

Will never get much use, just needs to have a tap - the sink is pretty
useless without it.

Needs to be a mixer tap due to the sink thats fitted.

Any ideas?

Best I can find, that I can collect, is B&Q for £27.

Many thanks

Matthew

LiDL were selling 4 different, much cheaper mixer taps as from 19th Jan, if
any left!
See thread headered "Cheap taps?" around 9th.
Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tiny Tim

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:14:56 GMT, "Jim Gregory"
wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi,

Looking to source a cheap mixer tap for the utility room.

Will never get much use, just needs to have a tap - the sink is pretty
useless without it.

Needs to be a mixer tap due to the sink thats fitted.

Any ideas?

Best I can find, that I can collect, is B&Q for £27.

Many thanks

Matthew

A few bogus results here but plenty to browse under £30....

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?...o&lnk= pruser

--
To save on your shopping click here - http://www.rpoints.com/?ruid=44653
To sign up with PlusNet click here - http://tinyurl.com/b9wqs
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Jim Gregory
writes
"Matthew" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi,

Looking to source a cheap mixer tap for the utility room.

Will never get much use, just needs to have a tap - the sink is pretty
useless without it.

Needs to be a mixer tap due to the sink thats fitted.

Any ideas?

Down the tip

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Holly, in France

Lobster wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Lidl had mixer taps (bathroom) last week? £14 or was it 16?

14.99 euro here this week for a single hole kitchen mixer tap, including
an extensible shower attachment thingummy.

--
Holly, in France
Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.

bath/shower mixer taps Riz1 UK diy 2 October 27th 04 09:58 PM
More mixer shower woes BillV UK diy 4 May 14th 04 09:18 PM
Mixer problem jakdedert Electronics Repair 2 February 11th 04 10:06 PM
Cheap lathes any good? part 2 bob Woodturning 1 February 10th 04 11:08 PM
Pre-cancelling mixer products (DAC sample selection) Hobbyist Electronics 1 November 22nd 03 07:34 PM