mark

Default Cheap Welding Wire Wanted (uk)... Please Recomend

I live in the uk and i nead to know of a supplier of 5kg 0.8 stainless
steel welding wire.
I nead to know who you guys recomend as the cheapest Sstainless mig
welding wire supplier. (UK)
I also would like some advice ..
it's not critical what type of stainless wire I use.....the only
properties I want of it is for the welds not to rust....IS THERE A
GENERIC WELDING WIRE
Dont ask me what type of stainless I'm welding because I dont know
....I just go around the scrap yards and pick out only stainless that
is non magnetic and I pay about 50p a kilo for it.
Some welding s/s wire I have used in the past has been slightly
magnetic....am I wrong but does this stuff rust.....the stuff I weld
will be used in a marine enviroment but not submerged....eg boat
trailers .
The stuff that I weld up is usually non critical and of the opinion
that s/s welds are stronger than mild steal welds anyhows....
although i want argue if someone says otherwise..
and yes I know all about contamination of the weld from liners used
for mild steal and the use of mild steal contaminated tools to work
it..
Found that any contamination usually rusts itself off after a period
of 12 months..never to apear again.
As you can see above I like to do things on the cheap.....so would
appreciate answers with this in mind.
all the best ...mark

Alternatives to Gas Welding? Peter C UK diy 15 November 3rd 03 10:52 PM
How to reduce current on a cheapo mig welder? Keith Marshall Metalworking 3 September 3rd 03 08:46 AM
OT repairing Resistance wire heater in Refrigerator aribert Metalworking 7 August 9th 03 01:11 PM
gas or not? Joe Metalworking 11 July 29th 03 09:29 AM
Welding holes in a chaincase - advice wanted [email protected] UK diy 5 July 15th 03 09:25 AM