Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Panasonic SD-252 Bread Maker Problem

Hi, I'm hoping someone in here repairs small domestic appliances and may
know of the problem I'm having with the above bread maker.

I used it on Sunday morning to make some dough and when I went to use it
again a few hours later the mixing process will not start.

The display says "Rest" all the time but the motor does not start up
after 30 minutes as it should. I have taken the unit apart and the
thermister, thermal fuse check out fine. A baking cycle works as it
starts the heater.

Any ideas?
--
Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gordon Hunt" wrote in message
Hi, I'm hoping someone in here repairs small domestic appliances and may
know of the problem I'm having with the above bread maker.

I used it on Sunday morning to make some dough and when I went to use it
again a few hours later the mixing process will not start.

The display says "Rest" all the time but the motor does not start up after
30 minutes as it should. I have taken the unit apart and the thermister,
thermal fuse check out fine. A baking cycle works as it starts the heater.

Any ideas?

I have a SD-252 BM and in my book in the troubleshooting section it doesn't
have any reference to your particular problem but states if the shaft in the
pan cannot be turned by hand then "Service will be required". Can you do
this? It may have been overloaded, you didn't use it to mixe mortar did you
;-)

HTH

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
writes

[...]

I too looked at the troubleshooting section in the user manual and I can
confirm that the motor and shaft are in perfect order and turn freely.

The bit that concerns me is that it doesn't turn off the "Rest" display
which, unless I'm wrong, seems to indicate that the controller is not
moving on to the mixing cycle. The machine is 18 months old and has been
used 2-3 times a week, only for bread dough though )
--
Regards
Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gordon Hunt wrote:
In message , John
writes

"Gordon Hunt" wrote in message
Hi, I'm hoping someone in here repairs small domestic appliances and may
know of the problem I'm having with the above bread maker.

I used it on Sunday morning to make some dough and when I went to use it
again a few hours later the mixing process will not start.

The display says "Rest" all the time but the motor does not start up

I had one of these in a couple of years ago. Fault was I would'nt go to
the bake cycle and sat at "rest" forever. Problem was in the
microprocessor. Had to replace the whole PCB. Fortunatly it was a
waranty job!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Allan writes:
Gordon Hunt wrote:
In message , John
writes

"Gordon Hunt" wrote in message
Hi, I'm hoping someone in here repairs small domestic appliances and may
know of the problem I'm having with the above bread maker.

I used it on Sunday morning to make some dough and when I went to use it
again a few hours later the mixing process will not start.

The display says "Rest" all the time but the motor does not start up

I had one of these in a couple of years ago. Fault was I would'nt go to
the bake cycle and sat at "rest" forever. Problem was in the
microprocessor. Had to replace the whole PCB. Fortunatly it was a
waranty job!!

Made me think about mine, a Panasonic SD-206 which is now over
10 years old. For most of that period, it has baked two loaves
a week, which is probably the nest part of 1000 cycles.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Allan
writes
Gordon Hunt wrote:
In message , John
writes

"Gordon Hunt" wrote in message
Hi, I'm hoping someone in here repairs small domestic appliances and may
know of the problem I'm having with the above bread maker.

I used it on Sunday morning to make some dough and when I went to use it
again a few hours later the mixing process will not start.

The display says "Rest" all the time but the motor does not start

I had one of these in a couple of years ago. Fault was I would'nt go
to the bake cycle and sat at "rest" forever. Problem was in the
microprocessor. Had to replace the whole PCB. Fortunatly it was a
waranty job!!

Thanks for that, I had considered the micro-processor and I think you
may have hit the nail on the head.

Trouble is, the board seems to be about GBP25.00 plus postage and I've
no way of being sure it is the cause of the fault. As I only paid
GBP69.00 for it I'm beginning to think it might be worth selling the
parts on eBay.
--
Gordon