Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gunge in Washer doorseal.

I have looked on "search Groups" without success so can any of you good
people help me out here?

Our washing machine is 3 years old. The big bungey doorseal seems to collect
gunge. The main gunge I can lift out from the gathering point at the bottom
but it leaves what looks like a black mould staining. It is used for
domestic stuff so nothing industrial goes in.I have tried wiping with
kitchen towel, using a toothbrush and wiping with a bleach solution and so
on to no avail.

The gunge seems to have formed some sort of molecular bond with the seal
material 'cos I just cannot shift it even with my thumb nail.

The Instructions give no hints on doorseal cleaning..

I am at the moment trying a 90 deg C wash to seee if that will at least kill
it!

It is a Bosh Classixx 1200 Express machine.

Any suggestions??

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

new doorseal at freezer jan siepelstad Home Repair 6 July 25th 07 10:43 PM
LG washer houseman Home Ownership 1 August 25th 06 06:47 AM
New washer The Dave© Home Repair 24 February 28th 05 04:10 AM
stacked washer dryer, dryer works, washer does not [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 14th 05 09:53 PM
Help with washer Loewi Lin Home Repair 0 January 16th 05 01:27 PM