Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default LG washer

I bought a LG washer and washed a couple of dog bed covers in it. With
my old top loading washer I always had a handful of dog hair in the
trap. With the LG there was only a very small amount in the filter. I
called customer sevice and they said that the rest is probably going
into the pump. They recommend that I don't wash the beds at all since
long term it could damage the pump.
I would not have bought it if I can't wash the covers. With all the
shedding by our dogs, just the hair on our socks could build up. So now
I am concerned that I have made a poor purchase.
Does anyone else have any experience with this? I can't imagine that
they have built a machine that can't trap large fibers and hair.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

houseman wrote:
I bought a LG washer and washed a couple of dog bed covers in it. With
my old top loading washer I always had a handful of dog hair in the
trap. With the LG there was only a very small amount in the filter. I
called customer sevice and they said that the rest is probably going
into the pump. They recommend that I don't wash the beds at all since
long term it could damage the pump.
I would not have bought it if I can't wash the covers. With all the
shedding by our dogs, just the hair on our socks could build up. So now
I am concerned that I have made a poor purchase.
Does anyone else have any experience with this? I can't imagine that
they have built a machine that can't trap large fibers and hair.

I am curious now....where would a filter be? Could you access it
easily to clean it?