Default stacked washer dryer, dryer works, washer does not

Got a kenmore stackable washer/dryer when a friend moved out of an apt.
Hooked up the water, drain, vent and electricty. The dryer works fine,
but the washer does not respond to the control knobs at all. My friend
assured me it worked when he last had it hooked up.

-Tried all cycles and settings

-made sure it was level ... there are 2 foots extending out of the
bottom towards the rear of the washer. I assume it's for balancing the
spin cycle?

-checked the lid switch with a screwdriver to push the actuator

-checked water supply

Still nothing, there isn't even water being pulled in. If the motor had
failed, would it still try to fill it up with water?

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Got a kenmore stackable washer/dryer

Kenmore is made by several different companies....model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

If the motor had
failed, would it still try to fill it up with water?

Yes It should.

-checked the lid switch with a screwdriver to push
the actuator

That doesn't check it.

Will the washer run if you set it is a spin or drain mode?

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Checked the connections on the back, there is only one cable.

I opened up the panel that the cable was connected and verified the
wires are proberly secured.

Still nothing

looks ,oike i've fixed it. The problem was where the power supply
cables connected in back. I thought that I had secured them, but it
seems that I did not have it properly secured to the breakout box. One
screw is a bit corroded, so I replaced it and viola