Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stanley Stanley is offline

Default Gunge in Washer doorseal.

I have looked on "search Groups" without success so can any of you good
people help me out here?

Our washing machine is 3 years old. The big bungey doorseal seems to collect
gunge. The main gunge I can lift out from the gathering point at the bottom
but it leaves what looks like a black mould staining. It is used for
domestic stuff so nothing industrial goes in.I have tried wiping with
kitchen towel, using a toothbrush and wiping with a bleach solution and so
on to no avail.

The gunge seems to have formed some sort of molecular bond with the seal
material 'cos I just cannot shift it even with my thumb nail.

The Instructions give no hints on doorseal cleaning..

I am at the moment trying a 90 deg C wash to seee if that will at least kill
it!

It is a Bosh Classixx 1200 Express machine.

Any suggestions??

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"