Posted to uk.d-i-y
johan johan is offline

Default Gunge in Washer doorseal.

Stanley wrote:
I have looked on "search Groups" without success so can any of you good
people help me out here?

Our washing machine is 3 years old. The big bungey doorseal seems to collect
gunge. The main gunge I can lift out from the gathering point at the bottom
but it leaves what looks like a black mould staining. It is used for
domestic stuff so nothing industrial goes in.I have tried wiping with
kitchen towel, using a toothbrush and wiping with a bleach solution and so
on to no avail.

The gunge seems to have formed some sort of molecular bond with the seal
material 'cos I just cannot shift it even with my thumb nail.

The Instructions give no hints on doorseal cleaning..

I am at the moment trying a 90 deg C wash to seee if that will at least kill
it!

It is a Bosh Classixx 1200 Express machine.

Any suggestions??

Interestingly we have the same machine, similar problem. Main area seems
to be behind/under the seal, where there are three round (draining?)
holes. Occasionally it seems to leave marks on some of the clothes, but
maybe that comes from elsewhere. Never been able to solve this problem
completely, running the machine empty with detergent at 60 degrees once
in a while seems to help a little. We also dry the seal after use of the
machine, and leave the door slightly open.

Always had Bosch washing machines. Next one may have to be a different
make.....

Johan