Loewi Lin

Default Help with washer

Hello all,

I have visited this link:
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=361583

after discovering blothes of "grease" on my clothing (just colored
ones). My washer is a third hand (or possibly even more hands) that I
obtained from a honest family. The washer is an Inglis and it looks
very old.

My question is: how do I fix the problem myself? All I can do is open
up the top portion of the washer. I can see the washer housing but I
don't want to proceed and not be able to put everything back together.

My other question is: why do the marks not appear on my white clothes?

PS - I don't use a dryer and I also do not use fabric softener,
although the people before me might have.

Thanks for all of your help.

Loewi