Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwashers

Following a couple of recent RCD trips, narrowed down to the dishwasher,
my wife headed off to John Lewis and I got out the screwdriver to look
for the fault.

Nothing obvious was found. The lower door seal has deteriorated and may
be allowing steam into the door panel selector switch area and a minute
amount of water to drip past the main terminals behind the lower fascia.
Indesit have obviously had problems there as a strip of insulating clear
plastic diverts any drips to the floor.

The problem only occurs late in the cycle so I assume the heater
elements are OK. Equally, fill, pumping, discharge have all happened
earlier so unlikely to be involved.

Cheapo Indesit D3000BG any clues?

Also, the JL sales person is unhappy about using a softened water
supply!

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 12, 11:24*am, Tim Lamb wrote:
The lower door seal has deteriorated and may
be allowing steam into the door panel selector switch area and a minute
amount of water to drip past the main terminals behind the lower fascia.

I'd try a temporary seal with some foam/weatherstrip and see if the
problem stops. The steam may also condense on the cold water fill
solenoid or pump.

The problem only occurs late in the cycle so I assume the heater
elements are OK.

The final rinse is usually hottest to help the dishes dry, so may
indicate a steam/condensation problem.

Cheapo Indesit D3000BG any clues?

Try UKwhitegoods forum, should be able to source a seal and some info
on replacing it.

cheers,
Pete.

When dishwashers go bad aboleth UK diy 12 March 19th 07 04:29 PM
Dishwashers Question Cindi Home Ownership 11 March 20th 06 07:44 PM
Dishwashers Ron Kerr UK diy 15 April 11th 04 02:05 PM
dishwashers in2minds UK diy 5 October 13th 03 11:19 PM
DISHWASHERS kram UK diy 4 August 27th 03 03:16 PM