kram

Default DISHWASHERS

Is it true that dishwashers have to have a very low draining point as they
do not have the same pumping power as say a washing machine ? The reason I
ask is because the washing machine drains via the waste pipe directly under
the sink and I was just going to tee off into this, but have been told I
might not be able to drain the dishwasher adequately. Thanks in advance for
any help

Paul

kram wrote:
Is it true that dishwashers have to have a very low draining point as they
do not have the same pumping power as say a washing machine ? The reason I
ask is because the washing machine drains via the waste pipe directly under
the sink and I was just going to tee off into this, but have been told I
might not be able to drain the dishwasher adequately. Thanks in advance for
any help

i have a bosh dishwasher connected this way and have had no problems
at all.

Paul

chris French

In message , Paul
writes
kram wrote:
Is it true that dishwashers have to have a very low draining point as they
do not have the same pumping power as say a washing machine ? The reason I
ask is because the washing machine drains via the waste pipe directly under
the sink and I was just going to tee off into this, but have been told I
might not be able to drain the dishwasher adequately. Thanks in advance for
any help

i have a bosh dishwasher connected this way and have had no problems at

all.

Ditto, we have an AEG one, it drains through a standpipe just like the
washing machine does - top of pipe is 2 foot or so off the ground.

The old Zanussi drained fine as well.
--
Chris French, Leeds
Shrek

"kram" wrote in message
Is it true that dishwashers have to have a very low draining point as they
do not have the same pumping power as say a washing machine ? The reason I
ask is because the washing machine drains via the waste pipe directly

under
the sink and I was just going to tee off into this, but have been told I
might not be able to drain the dishwasher adequately. Thanks in advance

for
any help

D/W pumps are the same as washer pump, so there shouldn't be a problem.

--
Ian Tilley
Ex-Kirklees Domestic Engineers

Christian McArdle

Is it true that dishwashers have to have a very low draining point as
they do not have the same pumping power as say a washing machine ?

No. In fact, a very low draining point may cause malfunction. The
instructions to the machine should give the range of heights allowed. It
must be reasonably high to avoid the thing syphoning empty during the
programme.

Christian.