in2minds

Default dishwashers

planning on buying one today, now I've moved the washing machine and there's
a vacant space, SWMBO wants to fill it.
looking to spend ~£300
basic requirements...

colour silver/aluminium/stainless
cold water only
full size
grade AAA
6 place settings

SWMBO has her eye on the Servis M4608AL
http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/412_877758.html

any recommendations would be appreciated

thanks
Les

Suz

"in2minds" wrote in message
planning on buying one today, now I've moved the washing machine and

there's
a vacant space, SWMBO wants to fill it.
looking to spend ~£300
basic requirements...

colour silver/aluminium/stainless
cold water only
full size
grade AAA
6 place settings

SWMBO has her eye on the Servis M4608AL
http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/412_877758.html

any recommendations would be appreciated

Which did a report on dishwashers last month:
======================

Most dishwashers do an OK job when it comes to cleaning - but once you
factor in how convenient and quick they are, our Best Buys stand out from
the pack.

Full-sized models

The best dishwasher on test is the Miele Autosensor G 694-3 SC Plus. The
filter's tricky to clean but, overall, the Miele's straightforward to use,
simple to load and gives great results. It's available from Hughes Direct
for £620 or from John Lewis for £780.

If you don't want to spend so much money, you could try the Bosch Exxcel
Auto Option SGS56E02GB, which costs £325 from Currys or £340 from Pluggedin.
It's a little slow, and not as simple to use as the Miele, but it does clean
well.

Alternatively, try the Siemens Extraklasse Hydrosensor SE25A266GB/17, at
£450 from John Lewis or £410 from Pluggedin. Again, it's slower and less
convenient than the Miele, but it cleans well.

Witchy

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 02:17:14 +0100, "Suz" wrote:

"in2minds" wrote in message
[...]

This is the one we ended up with after the Whirlpool we originally
bought was found to have 40 volts coming from all external metalwork!

Average wash cycle on ECO setting (the AAA one) is 2h40m, and even the
so-called 'quick' wash is over 90 minutes, but having said that it's
whisper quiet and gives a good clean - usual caveats about days old
stuck on food apply

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs
Christian McArdle

planning on buying one today, now I've moved the washing machine and
there's a vacant space, SWMBO wants to fill it.

I always buy Merloni (i.e. Ariston, Indesit etc.)

They aren't the quietest by a long shot, but work very, very well. I won't
buy a dishwasher from anyone else. The Bosches, Candys and Whirlpools I've
used have never been as good at cleaning, and don't even come close in the
drying department. I like opening the door and finding everything dry,
rather than covered in condensation.

Christian.

froggers

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
planning on buying one today, now I've moved the washing machine and
there's a vacant space, SWMBO wants to fill it.

I always buy Merloni (i.e. Ariston, Indesit etc.)

They aren't the quietest by a long shot, but work very, very well. I won't
buy a dishwasher from anyone else. The Bosches, Candys and Whirlpools I've
used have never been as good at cleaning, and don't even come close in the
drying department. I like opening the door and finding everything dry,
rather than covered in condensation.

Christian.

Our Bosch does a fine job of washing and drying except when I ridiculously overload it
(which is not its fault) but even then its only a few items that go back in - and it
pre-heats the incoming
water with the outgoing waste water and the last one lasted 20 years for us without fault
and
the friends we gave it to have run it twice a day (full/overloaded) for over two years
since !
and its still going today......... (we are happy with Bosch at £20 per year cost)

Nick

Keithc666767117

Yes...save yourself £300, and tell the "other half" to pull her finger out..
Only joking m8...too good to resist