Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Source for a washing line pole?

Hi,

I am seeking a very long pole (scaffold even) to fix a washing line
on. I am aware that b and q and homebase and argos and maybe even
wilkinson supply poles, but those are too short.

I require one that is maybe 8 metres or more in length. I want the
washing up out of the way!

I will try, if I can find one, an independent diy shop, however, does
anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

de_ja wrote:
Hi,

I am seeking a very long pole (scaffold even) to fix a washing line
on. I am aware that b and q and homebase and argos and maybe even
wilkinson supply poles, but those are too short.

I require one that is maybe 8 metres or more in length. I want the
washing up out of the way!

Thats the mast on a fair sized yacht.

Its about as tall as tehridge on this hous..

Try a ships chandlers. ;-)

I will try, if I can find one, an independent diy shop, however, does
anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
de_ja writes
Hi,

I am seeking a very long pole (scaffold even) to fix a washing line
on. I am aware that b and q and homebase and argos and maybe even
wilkinson supply poles, but those are too short.

I require one that is maybe 8 metres or more in length. I want the
washing up out of the way!

I will try, if I can find one, an independent diy shop, however, does
anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ring round your local scaffolders. I had 2 x 6m galvanised poles for 15
quid (delivered). Mind you, all the pulleys, guide ropes etc for the
actual line, and hire of a 2 man post hole borer + 2m bit cost a fair
bit more :-)

Hth
Someone
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:37:34 GMT, somebody
wrote:

In message
,
de_ja writes
Hi,

I am seeking a very long pole (scaffold even) to fix a washing line
on. I am aware that b and q and homebase and argos and maybe even
wilkinson supply poles, but those are too short.

In the interests of your edification ...

That sort of pole has a proper name and around this way it is called a
promp. My grandad told me about an old boy called Prompo who used to
sell washing promps around the streets of Norwich for a living and got
irate with women if they wouldnt buy one

Edification over. Where is Prompo when you need him?

Anna
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"de_ja" wrote in message
Hi,

I am seeking a very long pole (scaffold even) to fix a washing line
on. I am aware that b and q and homebase and argos and maybe even
wilkinson supply poles, but those are too short.

I require one that is maybe 8 metres or more in length. I want the
washing up out of the way!

I will try, if I can find one, an independent diy shop, however, does
anyone have any ideas?

8 Metres long!! Are you planning on hanging your washing out by using a pogo
stick ;-)

Cheers

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 13, 2:43 pm, "John" wrote:
"de_ja" wrote in message

Hi,

I am seeking a very long pole (scaffold even) to fix a washing line
on. I am aware that b and q and homebase and argos and maybe even
wilkinson supply poles, but those are too short.

I require one that is maybe 8 metres or more in length. I want the
washing up out of the way!

I will try, if I can find one, an independent diy shop, however, does
anyone have any ideas?

8 Metres long!! Are you planning on hanging your washing out by using a pogo
stick ;-)

Cheers

John

lmao you all, i got no sense of length, i just want a high washing
line like my neighbours
Posted to uk.d-i-y

de_ja wrote:
On Dec 13, 2:43 pm, "John" wrote:
"de_ja" wrote in message

Hi,
I am seeking a very long pole (scaffold even) to fix a washing line
on. I am aware that b and q and homebase and argos and maybe even
wilkinson supply poles, but those are too short.
I require one that is maybe 8 metres or more in length. I want the
washing up out of the way!
I will try, if I can find one, an independent diy shop, however, does
anyone have any ideas?

8 Metres long!! Are you planning on hanging your washing out by using a pogo
stick ;-)

Cheers

John

lmao you all, i got no sense of length, i just want a high washing
line like my neighbours

2.2 meters is enough. 3 meters is more than enough.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

de_ja wrote:
On Dec 13, 2:43 pm, "John" wrote:
"de_ja" wrote in message

Hi,
I am seeking a very long pole (scaffold even) to fix a washing line
on. I am aware that b and q and homebase and argos and maybe even
wilkinson supply poles, but those are too short.
I require one that is maybe 8 metres or more in length. I want the
washing up out of the way!
I will try, if I can find one, an independent diy shop, however, does
anyone have any ideas?

8 Metres long!! Are you planning on hanging your washing out by using a pogo
stick ;-)

lmao you all, i got no sense of length, i just want a high washing
line like my neighbours

8 meters high??!! That's about the height of 5 blokes...

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
de_ja writes

[snip]

lmao you all, i got no sense of length, i just want a high washing
line like my neighbours

:-)

Our 6m poles have approx 1.5m underground. I look around the various
gardens at the back of the house, and this height seems to be about the
norm with a fair few of the neighbours.

SWMBO was insistent that I put them up and is adamant that the washing
dries a lot quicker "up there". I guess that above the fence line etc it
probably is a bit windier.

You *will* need those various pulleys and ropes though.
Someone

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message ...

But it travels further when it blows off!

Apparantly so but are you sure you are replying to the correct newsgroup!!
;-)

John

Joining washing line [email protected] UK diy 34 May 30th 07 05:38 PM
Fixing washing line Jim Scott UK diy 3 October 9th 06 10:02 PM
Washing line problem John Kelly UK diy 5 April 6th 06 12:29 PM
16m Washing Line TheScullster UK diy 6 June 17th 05 11:34 PM
Source for 6" PVC S&D fittings for DC line Frank Stutzman Woodworking 12 January 7th 05 06:08 PM