Frank Stutzman

Default Source for 6" PVC S&D fittings for DC line

I'm in the process of running line for my eventual dust collection system.
I'm using Bill Pentz's recommendations for 6 inch PVC sewer and drain
line. Fortunately, I can get the line locally. What I'm having problems
with is that the place I can get the line does not stock all the different
fittings I'm going to need. They are happy to special order stuff for me,
but I have to buy a case of a particular fitting at time.

Does anyone have a source that would be willing to sell individual
fittings? Particularly at a price something less that list?

I'm in the Columbia River Gorge area, about an hours drive east of
Portland, OR.
--
Frank Stutzman

Slowhand

"Frank Stutzman" wrote in message
I'm in the process of running line for my eventual dust collection system.
I'm using Bill Pentz's recommendations for 6 inch PVC sewer and drain
line. Fortunately, I can get the line locally. What I'm having problems
with is that the place I can get the line does not stock all the different
fittings I'm going to need. They are happy to special order stuff for me,
but I have to buy a case of a particular fitting at time.

You might try mesher plumbing supply in portland
SH

Slowhand

"Wilson Lamb" wrote in message
ink.net...
Can you move enough air to keep shavings moving in this big pipe?
Have you looked at cfm vs velocity requirements ?

If his collector is above 800 cfm and at least 1.5hp he should have no
problem. YMMV.
SH

Wilson

Wilson
"Frank Stutzman" wrote in message
I'm in the process of running line for my eventual dust collection
system.
I'm using Bill Pentz's recommendations for 6 inch PVC sewer and drain
line. Fortunately, I can get the line locally. What I'm having problems
with is that the place I can get the line does not stock all the
different
fittings I'm going to need. They are happy to special order stuff for
me,
but I have to buy a case of a particular fitting at time.

Does anyone have a source that would be willing to sell individual
fittings? Particularly at a price something less that list?

I'm in the Columbia River Gorge area, about an hours drive east of
Portland, OR.
--
Frank Stutzman

Dave Mack Sr.

They are just today pouring the concrete for my 22 x 25 shop. I got my
pipe for the floor fron ACE Hardware here in GA. You may want to look there.
I also got one fitting from an underground irrigation co. The plan is to
put in all 6' and get a Cyclone from Penn State. The construction is taking
way to long..hehe

Dave Mack
Atlanta Metro

"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message

[...]

Lewis

Here (mid-Missouri), one of the two plumbing suppliers carries the 2729
sewer and drain pipe. Both generally carry a few fittings, but were out of
wyes. Lowes, which doesn't carry the pipe, carries some 6" fittings. I don't
know if these will help you, but the sales numbers off my Lowes receipt are
1812 (6X6X4 wye) and 1807 (6X6X6 wye). They also carry 45s and short-radius
90s, but I didn't get any and so don't have the sales numbers.
Lewis

"Frank Stutzman" wrote in message
I'm in the process of running line for my eventual dust collection system.
I'm using Bill Pentz's recommendations for 6 inch PVC sewer and drain
line. Fortunately, I can get the line locally. What I'm having problems
with is that the place I can get the line does not stock all the different
fittings I'm going to need. They are happy to special order stuff for me,
but I have to buy a case of a particular fitting at time.

Does anyone have a source that would be willing to sell individual
fittings? Particularly at a price something less that list?

I'm in the Columbia River Gorge area, about an hours drive east of
Portland, OR.
--
Frank Stutzman

Unisaw A100

Slowhand wrote:
If his collector is above 800 cfm and at least 1.5hp he should have no
problem. YMMV.

Is that "real" CFM or manufacturer's "touted" CFM?

Reason I ask, I have a horse and a half Murphy-Rodgers and
whilst it's somewhere in the "above a thousand" CFM in free
flow (no bag/no connections) Murphy-Rodgers is nice enough
to advertise it as 700ish (real world).

UA100
Edwin Pawlowski

"Frank Stutzman" wrote in message

Does anyone have a source that would be willing to sell individual
fittings? Particularly at a price something less that list?
Frank Stutzman

McMaster Carr. When you are buying only one or two fitting you generally
pay list price or close to it.

Glenna Rose

Glenna Rose writes:
writes:
I'm in the process of running line for my eventual dust collection
system.
I'm using Bill Pentz's recommendations for 6 inch PVC sewer and drain
line. Fortunately, I can get the line locally. What I'm having problems
with is that the place I can get the line does not stock all the
different
fittings I'm going to need. They are happy to special order stuff for
me,
but I have to buy a case of a particular fitting at time.

Does anyone have a source that would be willing to sell individual
fittings? Particularly at a price something less that list?

I'm in the Columbia River Gorge area, about an hours drive east of
Portland, OR.
--
Frank Stutzman

Frank, try United Pipe & Supply. They should have anything you want;
they supply contractors. The one closet to you is might be the one on
Columbia Boulevard in Portland or possibly off Johnson Creek near
Clackamas (I think). They'll be in the telephone book. There are now
two in Vancouver. The ones I dealt with were always great and are not
"snobbish" to the individuals (individuals just don't get the
contractors' volume prices).

BTW, hello, neighbor. (Cascade Locks, perhaps, or the Washington side of
the River?)

Glenna

That's "closest" not closet. Geez.

Slowhand

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Slowhand wrote:
If his collector is above 800 cfm and at least 1.5hp he should have no
problem. YMMV.

Is that "real" CFM or manufacturer's "touted" CFM?

Real. I think. I learned it at a dust collection website. I think the guy
had to have been an engineer because I didn't understand half of what I read
;-)

He did say with a 1.5 hp collector, to get rid of the 4" trunk connection
and upgrade to 6" because that was necessary to collect the really fine dust
that kills people in the Republic of Kalifornia
SH

Frank Stutzman

Wilson Lamb wrote:
Can you move enough air to keep shavings moving in this big pipe?
Have you looked at cfm vs velocity requirements ?

Not exactly. I'm doing my DC design strictly from Bill Pentz's web site
(http://billpentz.com//woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm). Seems that there
is enough ancedotal information elsewhere on the web that his data is
good. I'm not a good enough fluid dynamics engineer to figure out this
sort of stuff on my own.

BTW, thanks whoever it was who suggested Mesher and the Blue Borg. I'll
check them out this weekend while I'm in Portland picking up the
mother-in-law at the airport.

Frank Stutzman

--
Frank Stutzman