Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anna Kettle[_2_] Anna Kettle[_2_] is offline

Default Source for a washing line pole?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:37:34 GMT, somebody
wrote:

In message
,
de_ja writes
Hi,

I am seeking a very long pole (scaffold even) to fix a washing line
on. I am aware that b and q and homebase and argos and maybe even
wilkinson supply poles, but those are too short.

In the interests of your edification ...

That sort of pole has a proper name and around this way it is called a
promp. My grandad told me about an old boy called Prompo who used to
sell washing promps around the streets of Norwich for a living and got
irate with women if they wouldnt buy one

Edification over. Where is Prompo when you need him?

Anna