Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radio 2 and saving 30% on your heating bills

I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure I heard
a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save 30% on heating
bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller then advertised his
co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping so I
did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-10-26 19:19:25 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
said:

I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure I
heard a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save 30%
on heating bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller then
advertised his co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping
so I did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

No, I couldn't hear him from here.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2007-10-26 19:19:25 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
said:

I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure I
heard a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save 30%
on heating bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller then
advertised his co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping
so I did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

No, I couldn't hear him from here.......

I wonder if it's only warm air heating systems?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure
I heard a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save
30% on heating bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller
then advertised his co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping
so I did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

Go to the Beeb website, you can 'listen again' to most shows.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
o.uk...
ARWadsworth wrote:
I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure
I heard a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save
30% on heating bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller
then advertised his co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping
so I did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

Go to the Beeb website, you can 'listen again' to most shows.

Sounds like that one is not worth listening to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure
I heard a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save
30% on heating bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller
then advertised his co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping
so I did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

Go to the Beeb website, you can 'listen again' to most shows.

Tried that and failed. It looks like "listen again" only starts when the
program that is being broadcast ends.

Tried again later with a result. The web site I heard mentioned was

http://www.tagonatadpole.com/

Now look at a way to waste your money. The phone in guy says it will save
£200 a year.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

.uk...

ARWadsworth wrote:
I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure
I heard a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save
30% on heating bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller
then advertised his co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping
so I did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

Go to the Beeb website, you can 'listen again' to most shows.

Tried that and failed. It looks like "listen again" only starts when the
program that is being broadcast ends.

Tried again later with a result. The web site I heard mentioned was

http://www.tagonatadpole.com/

Now look at a way to waste your money. The phone in guy says it will save
£200 a year.

Adam

I am not going mad. The home page has been updated to say that they have
been on.
Radio 2.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure I heard
a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save 30% on heating
bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller then advertised his
co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping so I
did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

Adam

Think about, it dont add up. Insulation & reflector behind rads does
work.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure
I heard a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save
30% on heating bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller
then advertised his co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping
so I did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

Go to the Beeb website, you can 'listen again' to most shows.

Tried that and failed. It looks like "listen again" only starts when the
program that is being broadcast ends.

Tried again later with a result. The web site I heard mentioned was

http://www.tagonatadpole.com/

Now look at a way to waste your money. The phone in guy says it will save
£200 a year.

Hmm. Their web site says "...it adds nothing to your system." That's a new
marketing approach.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Oct, 23:05, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in onder.co.uk...

ARWadsworth wrote:
I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure
I heard a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save
30% on heating bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller
then advertised his co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping
so I did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

Go to the Beeb website, you can 'listen again' to most shows.

Tried that and failed. It looks like "listen again" only starts when the
program that is being broadcast ends.

Tried again later with a result. The web site I heard mentioned was

http://www.tagonatadpole.com/

Now look at a way to waste your money. The phone in guy says it will save
£200 a year.

Adam

It must be a brilliant thing, acording to the testimonials J.P Westall
of Hexham fitted it to his OIL FIRED system and his GAS bills went
down.
Trevor Smith

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 01:33:52 -0700, Trevor Smith wrote:

It must be a brilliant thing, acording to the testimonials J.P Westall
of Hexham fitted it to his OIL FIRED system and his GAS bills went
down.

Hey, I'll have one of them. Now which gas reseller will I choose to pay
me? Presumably the logical choice is the one that charges the most for
gas. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Tried again later with a result. The web site I heard mentioned was

http://www.tagonatadpole.com/

Now look at a way to waste your money. The phone in guy says it will save
£200 a year.

The instructions say to fit the device, then leave the filing
loop connected, to make up for air removed. Reads like they
intend you to leave the tap open, which could seriously over
pressurise, don't you think?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com,
Trevor Smith wrote

It must be a brilliant thing, acording to the testimonials J.P Westall
of Hexham fitted it to his OIL FIRED system and his GAS bills went
down.

Presumably his oil bill went up as a result of the whole house becoming
a lot warmer.

Did you also note that one of the case studies was about a 'heating
engineeer' who had no idea on how to fix his own heating system.

The clue to these miraculous improvements are contained in the fitting
instructions.

Drain system.
Re-commission as per the boiler manufactures instructions.

Any competent plumber will bleed the radiators during the re-commission.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-10-26 23:05:14 +0100, "ARWadsworth"

ARWadsworth wrote:
I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure
I heard a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save
30% on heating bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller
then advertised his co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping
so I did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

Go to the Beeb website, you can 'listen again' to most shows.

Tried that and failed. It looks like "listen again" only starts when
the program that is being broadcast ends.

Tried again later with a result. The web site I heard mentioned was

http://www.tagonatadpole.com/

Now look at a way to waste your money. The phone in guy says it will
save £200 a year.

Adam

They're having a laugh.

The thing costs £195 and is just an air separator.

Clearly the manufacturer, Stan Whetstone, (what an apt name) thinks
that people are more gullible in the north, since he has only one
dealer south of Derby.

I'm also a bit worried about Mr Tony Goodyear,a Heating Engineer (no
less) from Nottingham who thought that fitting a new condensing boiler
would cure problems with a pump.

Then we have Mr Chris Horton, another heating engineer (from Hartlepool
this time - not sure where that is, but I don't think I've ever been
there) who fitted one to a system that needed to be bled every 3 - 4
days. Well now. I wonder why that was. Could it be that there was
substantial catalytic action or just plain and simple sucking down?
Fitting an air separator would do wonders for both and make sure that
there is a plentiful supply of fresh air going through the system to
eat away at the steel of those radiators.

The scary thing is that these are probably real people with customers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 11:01:39 +0100, Alan wrote:

The clue to these miraculous improvements are contained in the fitting
instructions.

Drain system.
Re-commission as per the boiler manufactures instructions.

Any competent plumber will bleed the radiators during the re-commission.

Not to mention fix the system so it is not getting air introduced into it
all the time...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-10-27 13:21:45 +0100, Owain said:

Andy Hall wrote:
I'm also a bit worried about Mr Tony Goodyear,a Heating Engineer (no
less) from Nottingham

4th worst place to live in the UK
http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/...ottingham.html

Then

we have Mr Chris Horton, another heating engineer (from Hartlepool this
time - not sure where that is, but I don't think I've ever been there)

20th worst place to live in the UK
http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/...artlepool.html

The

scary thing is that these are probably real people with customers.

spending their benefit money on central heating gadgets that don't work
instead of Special Brew, chips and shell-suits.

Owain

It probably does work in the sense of being an air extractor.
However Myson have been making these for years for about £15.

It's the other claims such as saving the best part of a tonne of CO2
emissions that seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Perhaps I should come up with a similar idea. If I can persuade
people to give me their money rather to the outlets you mention as well
as the Lottery, which you didn't, then they would be better off anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Trevor Smith" wrote in message
ups.com...

It must be a brilliant thing, acording to the testimonials J.P Westall
of Hexham fitted it to his OIL FIRED system and his GAS bills went
down.

I have a similar air separator on my CH, it cost ~£5 a few years ago.
It works really well as my car does an extra 5mpg now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-10-27 13:21:45 +0100, Owain said:

Andy Hall wrote:
[...]

You cannot leave money in some peoples pockets as it burns holes. At £200 a
pair for designer jeans you will be doing them a favour by taking their
money.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:28:03 GMT, ARWadsworth wrote:

You cannot leave money in some peoples pockets as it burns holes. At
£200 a pair for designer jeans you will be doing them a favour by taking
their money.

Must be pretty crap quality clothing if a bit of loose change burns holes
in the pockets! B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
[...]

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Before or after the magnetic water softener?

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Matt, do your combis have bedposts?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Eager
writes

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Before or after the magnetic water softener?

that technology doesn't just soften water you know... it also clears
ponds of blanket weed
http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=548

--
Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Si
$3o&m writes
In message , Bob Eager
writes

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Before or after the magnetic water softener?

that technology doesn't just soften water you know... it also clears
ponds of blanket weed
http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=548

not the same thing at all

It uses ultra-violet, it's not magnetic

mind you, I've got one, and it doesn't work

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes
In message , Si
$3o&m writes
In message , Bob Eager
writes

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Before or after the magnetic water softener?

that technology doesn't just soften water you know... it also clears
ponds of blanket weed
http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=548

not the same thing at all

It uses ultra-violet, it's not magnetic

mind you, I've got one, and it doesn't work

I'd be a little worried if you do have one - especially if you've
succeeded in changing the UV bulb at any point - it has a "Multi
frequency processor" and "Flashing active frequency generation lights"
but no UV, just two wires which the user is instructed to wrap around a
(plastic only) pipe through which pond water flows.

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
not the same thing at all

It uses ultra-violet, it's not magnetic

mind you, I've got one, and it doesn't work

I just wander over every so often and twirl it up on a cane - but have
you tried barley straw?

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Si
$3o&m writes
In message , geoff
writes
In message , Si
$3o&m writes
In message , Bob
Eager writes

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Before or after the magnetic water softener?

that technology doesn't just soften water you know... it also clears
ponds of blanket weed
http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=548

not the same thing at all

It uses ultra-violet, it's not magnetic

mind you, I've got one, and it doesn't work

I'd be a little worried if you do have one - especially if you've
succeeded in changing the UV bulb at any point - it has a "Multi
frequency processor" and "Flashing active frequency generation lights"
but no UV, just two wires which the user is instructed to wrap around a
(plastic only) pipe through which pond water flows.

When I opened the link, I saw a filter/fountain - like as what I've got

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Champ
writes
geoff wrote:
not the same thing at all
It uses ultra-violet, it's not magnetic
mind you, I've got one, and it doesn't work

I just wander over every so often and twirl it up on a cane - but have
you tried barley straw?

I did one year, yes

it didn't make much difference either

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Oct, 10:35, Andy Hall wrote:

[...]

Do you want to tip off Rogue Traders?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/...tom20/Best-Wor...

[...]

Can I be a devils advocate? I'm an ordinary consumer, I don't
understand about central heating systems. I'm sceptical like the next
man BUT this guy has a) a website which looks quite well put together
b) semi-verifiable references and c) has attempted to talk to the
population at large (via Radio 2) about his product. a) and b) could
well indicate a complete scam but if he really was a crook with a
product which had no value why risk over-egging the pudding by
pitching on radio 2? If its really no use, this publicity would
backfire on him.

How does one go about finding out the details of which patent he
holds, and what the patent is for? He genuinely may have come up with
something new that the well experienced experts here haven't
considered; then again, it could be complete b*&%%*cks.

Matt

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Si $3o&m
writes
In message , Bob Eager
writes

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Before or after the magnetic water softener?

that technology doesn't just soften water you know... it also clears ponds
of blanket weed http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=548

not the same thing at all

It uses ultra-violet, it's not magnetic

mind you, I've got one, and it doesn't work

Maxie!!! You should have tried one of these air separators that know £200
off your bills. That might have worked.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Si" $3o&m wrote in message
In message , geoff
writes
In message , Si $3o&m
writes
In message , Bob Eager
writes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...

Can I be a devils advocate? I'm an ordinary consumer, I don't
understand about central heating systems. I'm sceptical like the next
man BUT this guy has a) a website which looks quite well put together
b) semi-verifiable references and c) has attempted to talk to the
population at large (via Radio 2) about his product. a) and b) could
well indicate a complete scam but if he really was a crook with a
product which had no value why risk over-egging the pudding by
pitching on radio 2? If its really no use, this publicity would
backfire on him.

The website? A good website is no guarantee of anything at all.
The reference? I want independent test figures, not some fella put one in
and it won the lottery for him as well.
Talked on the tranny? So did Jeffery Archer as well.

Look at the price of it. He doesn't have to sell many before the scam is
found out to cream it off.

He genuinely may have come up with
something new that the well experienced
experts here haven't considered; then again,
it could be complete b*&%%*cks.

How much is it going to cost to independently test it? Not much. More like
******** - until he comes up with the test figures. I'll give him the 0.5%
that he may have something. Until then...avoid!!!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Si
$3o&m writes
In message , Bob
Eager writes

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Before or after the magnetic water softener?

that technology doesn't just soften water you know... it also clears
ponds of blanket weed
http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=548

not the same thing at all

It uses ultra-violet, it's not magnetic

mind you, I've got one, and it doesn't work

Maxie!!! You should have tried one of these air separators that know
£200 off your bills. That might have worked.

In the pond ?

dickhead

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Si
$3o&m writes
In message , Bob Eager
writes

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel"
said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may drop
the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Before or after the magnetic water softener?

that technology doesn't just soften water you know... it also clears
ponds of blanket weed
http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=548

not the same thing at all

It uses ultra-violet, it's not magnetic

mind you, I've got one, and it doesn't work

Maxie!!! You should have tried one of these air separators that knock
£200 off your bills. That might have worked.

In the pond ?

dickhead

...Maxie's had nice good swear
...the sort of language we should not hear.
...a courteous man? Maxie ain't
...he causes old ladies to drop and faint

...walk around Watford if you dare
...you will hear expletives through the air
...as Maxie screams out loud
...the sort of language of which he's proud
...with effs and C's and B's and T's
...directing words at old ladies

...the Plod viewed Maxie so adverse
...as he shouted out a curse
...they took this foul mouthed fatty man
...and slapped him right inside the can

...through the keyhole Maxie directed
...foul mouthed words towards the detective

...wearing a poka dot frock he did shout
...you effing *******s let me out
...the Plod had enough of this fat slob
...and rammed his frock inside his gob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message
enews.net, Doctor
Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Si
$3o&m writes
In message , Bob
Eager writes

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel"
said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may
the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Before or after the magnetic water softener?

that technology doesn't just soften water you know... it also
clears ponds of blanket weed
http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=548

not the same thing at all

It uses ultra-violet, it's not magnetic

mind you, I've got one, and it doesn't work

Maxie!!! You should have tried one of these air separators that
knock £200 off your bills. That might have worked.

In the pond ?

dickhead

..Maxie's had nice good swear

do you feel better for that

Nursie says "NO"

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Si
$3o&m writes
In message , Bob Eager
writes

On 2007-11-05 17:17:32 +0000, "Doctor Drivel"
said:

I'll fit one right away!!!! Fitting one on the bedpost may the
electricity bills too!!! I'll have four of them!!!

Why not.

One on the input and output of each combi

Before or after the magnetic water softener?

that technology doesn't just soften water you know... it also clears
ponds of blanket weed
http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=548

not the same thing at all

It uses ultra-violet, it's not magnetic

mind you, I've got one, and it doesn't work

Maxie!!! You should have tried one of these air separators that knock
£200 off your bills. That might have worked.

In the pond ?

dickhead

..Maxie's had nice good swear

do you feel better for that

I know Maxie feels better after a good swear.