Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Energy Saving -Saving our Climate

Hello,

Hereby i would like to ask your help tot spread around our Energy
Saving Tips. I would like you in advance for your cooperation and
help.
Our mission is easy: let's start to save energy now! That's the best
way to save our climate.

Recently we were asked to translate some of our work to attract
attention of households to the energy problem. Now we finished
tranlation of our Energy Saving Tips for at home and for at work.
Every week the cartoon and additional tips are changed into new ones.

Saving energy is really easy, as long as you know what needs your
attention. Who doesn't want to save energy? Saving energy is the
perfect solution to an ever-growing energy bill. You will find new
energy saving tips on this page every week. Milieunet offers you these
tips for free to help you save energy!

When you act upon all the tips you can reduce your energy bill by 15
to 25 percent. That is easy money. You can save energy at home as well
as at work by changing your habits and behaviour. These energy saving
tips offer you ways to change habits that cost you a lot of money.

All tips are completely free. No login needed. Just take a look.
http://www.stichtingmilieunet.nl/energysavingtips.php

With kind regards, Erik van Erne, managing director

Stichting Milieunet - Ondiep Zuidzijde 2-d - 3551 BW Utrecht -
0031302435303 - - Milieunet Foundation is a
non-profit organisation focused on awareness and change of behaviour
by means of communication about waste, energy, sustainability, nature,
environment, climate, human rights and international development
cooperation. We work for governments, administrations, companies,
organisations and we sell products to individuals.
www.stichtingmilieunet.nl

This mail is climate-neutralized by Cleanbits

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Milieunet wrote:

[...]

Most of us dont speak Dutch. The one tip that was in
english 'Buy an A++ rated fridge' doesnt convince and doesnt say
anything that isnt obvious. How about some useful info like how much
money an A++ fridge will save over its lifetime?

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-08-23 12:49:53 +0100, Stuart Noble
said:

Most of us dont speak Dutch. The one tip that was in
english 'Buy an A++ rated fridge' doesnt convince and doesnt say
anything that isnt obvious. How about some useful info like how much
money an A++ fridge will save over its lifetime?

NT

Drink warm lager.

That and the revolting habit in Dutch bars of filling the glass half
full and making the head overflow, then slicing it off with a plastic
scraper.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Milieunet
saying something like:

**** off with your spam.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2007-08-23 12:49:53 +0100, Stuart Noble
said:
Most of us dont speak Dutch. The one tip that was in
english 'Buy an A++ rated fridge' doesnt convince and doesnt say
anything that isnt obvious. How about some useful info like how much
money an A++ fridge will save over its lifetime?
NT

Drink warm lager.

That and the revolting habit in Dutch bars of filling the glass half
full and making the head overflow, then slicing it off with a plastic
scraper.

Half full, how long did you spend training them ?

Of course, its not fresh if there isn't more froth than beer

.... for some reason

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember Milieunet
saying something like:

Hereby i would like to ask your help tot spread around our Energy
Saving Tips. I would like you in advance for your cooperation and
help.
Our mission is easy: let's start to save energy now! That's the best
way to save our climate.

**** off with your spam.
--

Dave

....just say what you feel!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2007-08-23 12:49:53 +0100, Stuart Noble
said:
Most of us dont speak Dutch. The one tip that was in
english 'Buy an A++ rated fridge' doesnt convince and doesnt say
anything that isnt obvious. How about some useful info like how much
money an A++ fridge will save over its lifetime?
NT
Drink warm lager.

That and the revolting habit in Dutch bars of filling the glass half
full and making the head overflow, then slicing it off with a plastic
scraper.

Half full, how long did you spend training them ?

Of course, its not fresh if there isn't more froth than beer

... for some reason

It isn't fresh anyway.....

Generally my opening line is that I'd like a full glass or at least to
the measure line. I think that they just turn up the CO2 and it gives
them extra glasses.

In other countries it seems to be electric pumps and glasses with a line.

Nowadays even the septics can produce a half reasonable ale at the
right temperature and full pretty much to the top.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Hall writes

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2007-08-23 12:49:53 +0100, Stuart Noble
said:
Most of us dont speak Dutch. The one tip that was in
english 'Buy an A++ rated fridge' doesnt convince and doesnt say
anything that isnt obvious. How about some useful info like how much
money an A++ fridge will save over its lifetime?
NT
Drink warm lager.
That and the revolting habit in Dutch bars of filling the glass
half full and making the head overflow, then slicing it off with a
plastic scraper.

Half full, how long did you spend training them ?
Of course, its not fresh if there isn't more froth than beer
... for some reason

It isn't fresh anyway.....

There, you've gone and spoilt it now

Generally my opening line is that I'd like a full glass or at least to
the measure line. I think that they just turn up the CO2 and it gives
them extra glasses.

I did manage to "train" a dutch barman to pour a full glass in less than
4 days - I rock, me

In other countries it seems to be electric pumps and glasses with a line.

I did once find a pub just outside Arnhem which brewed its own beer and
served from a barrel on the bar. Play your guitar and you get free
drinks all night

Nowadays even the septics can produce a half reasonable ale at the
right temperature and full pretty much to the top.

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-08-23 12:49:53 +0100, Stuart Noble
said:

That and the revolting habit in Dutch bars of filling the glass half
full and making the head overflow, then slicing it off with a plastic
scraper.

Ahh, the tourist measure.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-08-23 12:49:53 +0100, Stuart Noble
said:

That and the revolting habit in Dutch bars of filling the glass half
full and making the head overflow, then slicing it off with a plastic
scraper.

Ahh, the tourist measure.

Indeed.

If you let them get away with it.

Some get quite upset if you pick them up on it.

Energy Saving Bulbs ken r UK diy 13 May 2nd 06 08:21 PM
Energy Saving Bulbs RedOnRed UK diy 1 May 1st 06 11:20 AM
Energy Saving Bulbs Alan Holmes UK diy 1 May 1st 06 10:13 AM
Energy Saving Bulbs Olly UK diy 0 May 1st 06 08:15 AM
Energy Saving Bulbs Guy King UK diy 0 May 1st 06 12:27 AM