Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Energy Saving -Saving our Climate

John Rumm wrote:
wrote:

Most of us dont speak Dutch. The one tip that was in
english 'Buy an A++ rated fridge' doesnt convince and doesnt say
anything that isnt obvious. How about some useful info like how much
money an A++ fridge will save over its lifetime?

And then plot that against the life cycle costs of retiring a lower
rated fridge earlier than at full life. Repeat for all energy ratings so
we can see the break points for each.

Nice idea. It should not be hard to do if one had acces to the various
real life energy consumptions of various fridge freezer ratings, but I
dont know what to google..

NT