Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hozelock O-rings

Does anybody know what size O-rings I need for Hozelock garden hose
fittings?
I'm too mean to buy the official spare parts kit which in addition to
a few O-rings also fixes lots of things I don't actually own.
Thanks,
Al

Posted to uk.d-i-y

luke58 wrote:
Check out item nos 190100328885
on Ebay.

Does anybody know what size O-rings I need for Hozelock garden hose
fittings?
I'm too mean to buy the official spare parts kit which in addition to
a few O-rings also fixes lots of things I don't actually own.
Thanks,
Al

I don't know whether they would fit but I imagine that they would,
Poundland sell Hozelock compatable fittings that could be robbed of
their O-rings.

We actually found that the Poundland spray attachment was far better
than the Hozelock piece of junk.

HTH

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Al, Cambridge, UK wrote:
Does anybody know what size O-rings I need for Hozelock garden hose
fittings?
I'm too mean to buy the official spare parts kit which in addition to
a few O-rings also fixes lots of things I don't actually own.
Thanks,
Al

Take off an existing, good O ring & take it to your local bolt supplier -
they'll have packets of 20 or so for less than the 'official' kits.

--
Karen

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.'
Catherine Aird
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y, Al, Cambridge, UK wrote:
Does anybody know what size O-rings I need for Hozelock garden hose
fittings?
I'm too mean to buy the official spare parts kit which in addition to
a few O-rings also fixes lots of things I don't actually own.

Just get a mixed pack of O-rings from a plumber's merchant. It'll cost
next to nothing and those other sizes might come in useful sometime.

Cue Ronnie Barker...

--
Mike Barnes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:03:37 +0100, Mike Barnes
wrote:

Just get a mixed pack of O-rings from a plumber's merchant. It'll cost
next to nothing and those other sizes might come in useful sometime.

That reminds me of a colleague many years ago wanting ONE fibre washer
for some sort of project kit he was building for one of his kids. All
he could get (locally) was a packet of about 200 assorted washers. I
think he threw away about 199 of them...

It's a bit like those bubble-wrapped cards of 100 or so mixed button
cells from the 'pound shop' type of place. You could probably only
need 3 or 4% of them - a superb bit of marketing.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Apr, 16:36, "Al, Cambridge, UK" wrote:
Does anybody know what size O-rings I need for Hozelock garden hose
fittings?
I'm too mean to buy the official spare parts kit which in addition to
a few O-rings also fixes lots of things I don't actually own.
Thanks,
Al

O rings are made to British Standard but I can't remember which
number.
Measure the diameter of the rubber and the ID of the ring then go to a
hydraulic supplier. They will identify which you want for very little
money.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Apr 2007 08:36:28 -0700, in uk.d-i-y "Al, Cambridge, UK"
wrote:

Does anybody know what size O-rings I need for Hozelock garden hose
fittings?
I'm too mean to buy the official spare parts kit which in addition to
a few O-rings also fixes lots of things I don't actually own.
Thanks,
Al

No, but I contacted Hozelock a couple of years ago and they sent me 1/2
a dozen gratis

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
Al, Cambridge, UK writes
Does anybody know what size O-rings I need for Hozelock garden hose
fittings?
I'm too mean to buy the official spare parts kit which in addition to
a few O-rings also fixes lots of things I don't actually own.
Thanks,
Al

RS part no 689-653 does the job, that's BS111 size, i/d 7/16", o/d 5/8",
3/32" material http://rswww.com £2.45+vat per 50.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to fred, 3axis wrote:
I tried the dimensions you mention, 3/32 is too small, BS111 is 10.77mm ID x
2.62mm cross section. I have ordered some from ebay and some 11mm x 2.5mm, I
will try to remember to report back which fits best but measurements I did of
a hozelock copy was 11mm x 2.55mm so it should be the BS111. I contacted
sealsuppliesuk who is an ebay seller and they were extremely helpful and I
bought one listing of 10 nitrile o-rings in one size and they said the would
send me 5 of each size to try them, they also offered to determine the correct
size if I posted the hozelock one to them.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...gs-387298-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:44:01 +0000, 3axis wrote:

replying to fred, 3axis wrote:
I tried the dimensions you mention, 3/32 is too small, BS111 is 10.77mm
ID x 2.62mm cross section. I have ordered some from ebay and some 11mm x
2.5mm, I will try to remember to report back which fits best but
measurements I did of a hozelock copy was 11mm x 2.55mm so it should be
the BS111. I contacted sealsuppliesuk who is an ebay seller and they
were extremely helpful and I bought one listing of 10 nitrile o-rings in
one size and they said the would send me 5 of each size to try them,
they also offered to determine the correct size if I posted the hozelock
one to them.

I got mine off eBay.

A semi-useful tip. We have a Hozelock reel with, of course, a water inlet
on the side and an inner outlet for the inner end of the hose. There is a
third connector - the 'keeper' for the flapping end of the reeled-up
hose. I nicked the O-ring off there to use until the spares arrived from
eBay.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just get a mixed pack of O-rings from a plumber's merchant. It'll cost
next to nothing and those other sizes might come in useful sometime.

That reminds me of a colleague many years ago wanting ONE fibre washer
for some sort of project kit he was building for one of his kids. All
he could get (locally) was a packet of about 200 assorted washers. I
think he threw away about 199 of them...

It's a bit like those bubble-wrapped cards of 100 or so mixed button
cells from the 'pound shop' type of place. You could probably only
need 3 or 4% of them - a superb bit of marketing.

Some time ago I needed a new washer for a washing machine inlet hose. Could I buy a spare that didn't leak? Could I buggery. In the end I bought a new set of hoses and robbed the washer from that, and it worked fine. ???
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just get a mixed pack of O-rings from a plumber's merchant. It'll cost
next to nothing and those other sizes might come in useful sometime.

That reminds me of a colleague many years ago wanting ONE fibre washer
for some sort of project kit he was building for one of his kids. All
he could get (locally) was a packet of about 200 assorted washers. I
think he threw away about 199 of them...

It's a bit like those bubble-wrapped cards of 100 or so mixed button
cells from the 'pound shop' type of place. You could probably only
need 3 or 4% of them - a superb bit of marketing.

Some time ago I needed a new washer for a washing machine inlet hose. Could I buy a spare that didn't leak? Could I buggery. In the end I bought a new set of hoses and robbed the washer from that, and it worked fine. ???

Same with shower hoses, always supplied with a fibre washer that'd be OK
with brass coupling but not with plastic.
I now keep a stock of rubber washers and, somewhere (???) the same for
washing machines.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I bought a large case containing dozens of different sized rubber "O"
rings a few years ago thinking I'd never be short of one again.

I've hardly used any, they are always too thick or too thin!

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to 3axis, 3axis wrote:
I have tried them now, the BS111 (10.77mm x 2.62mm) seems to be an exact
replacement for the hozelock ones and the nitrile rubber is more chemical
resistant that the normal rubber ones.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...gs-387298-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 28 April 2016 22:12:09 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

good idea, the spare worked fine, many thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 11:13:35 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
2016?
Is Dr who in town?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
[...]

I had a problem with a Hozelock pressure sprayer. The large 'O' ring in the joint between the handle and the body no longer was efffective. I contacted Hozelock about a spare and they told me at 9 years old they no longer carried spares. W.T.F.
I cured it with a smear of grease.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hozelock O' rings are a pain they leak after a very short time so I purchased some oversized O'rings from simplybearings.co.uk a pack of 10
3mm x 10.5 mm cost £4.85
They fit very tightly and never leak
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 11:03:37 PM UTC+1, Mike Barnes wrote:
In uk.d-i-y, Al, Cambridge, UK wrote:
Does anybody know what size O-rings I need for Hozelock garden hose
fittings?
I'm too mean to buy the official spare parts kit which in addition to
a few O-rings also fixes lots of things I don't actually own.

Just get a mixed pack of O-rings from a plumber's merchant. It'll cost
next to nothing and those other sizes might come in useful sometime.

Cue Ronnie Barker...

-- This size is not always included in a mixed set.
Mike Barnes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 May 2020 00:37:30 -0700, ron.s.giles wrote:

On Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 11:03:37 PM UTC+1, Mike Barnes wrote:

Were you off school the day they covered dates?

--
TOJ.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/05/2020 12:45, The Other John wrote:
On Tue, 19 May 2020 00:37:30 -0700, ron.s.giles wrote:

On Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 11:03:37 PM UTC+1, Mike Barnes wrote:

Were you off school the day they covered dates?

It's as valid today as it was in 2007. I've replaced one hozelock o-ring
this summer and found another one that needed doing today.

Three Rings [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 9th 07 10:43 AM
Hozelock stop - male. Ian Stirling UK diy 10 July 9th 06 10:53 AM
Hozelock type male push-fit to compression hose connectors? Nigel Molesworth UK diy 11 June 20th 06 08:42 AM
Dancing Rings charlie b Woodturning 3 August 11th 05 09:20 AM
Hozelock 'stop' plugs? Ian Stirling UK diy 1 June 24th 05 05:22 PM