Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] paulishtall@googlemail.com is offline

Default Hozelock O-rings

On Thursday, 28 April 2016 22:12:09 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:44:01 +0000, 3axis wrote:

replying to fred, 3axis wrote:
I tried the dimensions you mention, 3/32 is too small, BS111 is 10.77mm
ID x 2.62mm cross section. I have ordered some from ebay and some 11mm x
2.5mm, I will try to remember to report back which fits best but
measurements I did of a hozelock copy was 11mm x 2.55mm so it should be
the BS111. I contacted sealsuppliesuk who is an ebay seller and they
were extremely helpful and I bought one listing of 10 nitrile o-rings in
one size and they said the would send me 5 of each size to try them,
they also offered to determine the correct size if I posted the hozelock
one to them.

I got mine off eBay.

A semi-useful tip. We have a Hozelock reel with, of course, a water inlet
on the side and an inner outlet for the inner end of the hose. There is a
third connector - the 'keeper' for the flapping end of the reeled-up
hose. I nicked the O-ring off there to use until the spares arrived from
eBay.

good idea, the spare worked fine, many thanks