Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] billyorange007@gmail.com is offline

Default Hozelock O-rings

On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 11:13:35 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
2016?
Is Dr who in town?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Thursday, 28 April 2016 22:12:09 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:44:01 +0000, 3axis wrote:

replying to fred, 3axis wrote:
I tried the dimensions you mention, 3/32 is too small, BS111 is 10.77mm
ID x 2.62mm cross section. I have ordered some from ebay and some 11mm
2.5mm, I will try to remember to report back which fits best but
measurements I did of a hozelock copy was 11mm x 2.55mm so it should be
the BS111. I contacted sealsuppliesuk who is an ebay seller and they
were extremely helpful and I bought one listing of 10 nitrile o-rings
in
one size and they said the would send me 5 of each size to try them,
they also offered to determine the correct size if I posted the
hozelock
one to them.

I got mine off eBay.

A semi-useful tip. We have a Hozelock reel with, of course, a water inlet
on the side and an inner outlet for the inner end of the hose. There is a
third connector - the 'keeper' for the flapping end of the reeled-up
hose. I nicked the O-ring off there to use until the spares arrived from
eBay.

good idea, the spare worked fine, many thanks

I had a problem with a Hozelock pressure sprayer. The large 'O' ring in the joint between the handle and the body no longer was efffective. I contacted Hozelock about a spare and they told me at 9 years old they no longer carried spares. W.T.F.
I cured it with a smear of grease.