Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hozelock stop - male.

Are there any hozelock 'taps'?

Basically you connect a hozelock socket, and it turns on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Are there any hozelock 'taps'?

Basically you connect a hozelock socket, and it turns on.

Can't help you with the question, sorry.
Good name though!
Regards,
Iain Stirling

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian Stirling wrote:

Are there any hozelock 'taps'?

Basically you connect a hozelock socket, and it turns on.

Have a look at their online product catalogue.
(http://www.hozelock.com/productcatal...ierarchyID =1)

Do you want something more than a standard spray gun?
(http://www.hozelock.com/productcatal...ier archyID4=)

If you're after something simpler then maybe a male-male connector
(http://www.hozelock.com/productcatal...ier archyID4=)

Or have I missed the point?

--
Steve F

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian Stirling wrote:
Are there any hozelock 'taps'?
Basically you connect a hozelock socket, and it turns on.

Any good?
This space intentionally left blank.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fitz wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:

Are there any hozelock 'taps'?

Basically you connect a hozelock socket, and it turns on.

Have a look at their online product catalogue.
(http://www.hozelock.com/productcatal...ierarchyID =1)

Do you want something more than a standard spray gun?

snip
Or have I missed the point?

Sort-of.
Thanks for the link - for some reason I diddn't think to check online.

I was basically looking for a tap, with a hozelock male connector on the
output, and the ability to simply remove the hose connector to turn the
tap off automatically.

So you don't need to connect the hose, and turn the tap on, but you can
adjust it to set flow if you want, then simply plug and unplug the
hose without turning it on and off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fitz wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:

Are there any hozelock 'taps'?

Basically you connect a hozelock socket, and it turns on.

Have a look at their online product catalogue.
(http://www.hozelock.com/productcatal...ierarchyID =1)

Do you want something more than a standard spray gun?

snip
Or have I missed the point?

Sort-of.
Thanks for the link - for some reason I diddn't think to check online.

I was basically looking for a tap, with a hozelock male connector on the
output, and the ability to simply remove the hose connector to turn the
tap off automatically.

So you don't need to connect the hose, and turn the tap on, but you can
adjust it to set flow if you want, then simply plug and unplug the
hose without turning it on and off.

My hose has an automatic stop end with a built-in quarter-turn tap. However,
I don't know the make - I bought it in France. Not, of course, that I can
use the hose at the moment.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Ian Stirling contains these words:

Why not connect the tap to a short piece of hose with a waterstop
connector on?

Apart from the fact that I'd rather have a 'proper' permenant solution,
and that hose, exposed to the elements and pressurised all the time
isn't the greatest idea, it'd mean that I'd have to mess around with a
male-male adaptor.

But if it's outdoors /something/ is going to be expose to the weather,
and I'd rather it were a bit of hose with some give in it than a bit of
rigid plastic. Far less likely to split in the frost.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian Stirling wrote:
Are there any hozelock 'taps'?

Basically you connect a hozelock socket, and it turns on.

I have a brass splitter each with its own tap. Male all 3 ways. But I've
no idea where it came from. (However I use it so rarely that you could
attempt to bribe me for it:-)

Douglas de Lacey

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Guy King
writes
The message
from Ian Stirling contains these words:

Why not connect the tap to a short piece of hose with a waterstop
connector on?

Apart from the fact that I'd rather have a 'proper' permenant solution,
and that hose, exposed to the elements and pressurised all the time
isn't the greatest idea, it'd mean that I'd have to mess around with a
male-male adaptor.

But if it's outdoors /something/ is going to be expose to the weather,
and I'd rather it were a bit of hose with some give in it than a bit of
rigid plastic. Far less likely to split in the frost.

nah, I had various bits of plastic pipe outside - both the blue MDPE
stuff and grey Hep2O - polybutylene? mostly used for internal plumbing.

In about 5 + years including some sub -10C temps I never had any
problems - it seems to have enough give in it/be tough enough - though I
did have a problem with a copper to tap compression joint opening under
the pressure of the ice. And at the time of year this is likely to
happen , the water is most likely turned off anyway.

however I have tried having hosepipe left under pressure and I remember
at least two occasions where we had leaks - one where the hose split
near the end and one where the hose came out of the fitting at the end.
Much water went everywhere of course as it was in the summer.
--
Chris French

LG DVC6500 behaves like 'stop' button pressed with DVD HandyMan Electronics Repair 3 October 1st 05 07:29 PM
Stop Beads Before or After? [email protected] UK diy 2 January 15th 05 09:31 AM
Stop cock leaking Rich UK diy 7 September 29th 03 01:45 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM
Slow leak on compression joint - can't access stop cock The Natural Philosopher UK diy 4 July 10th 03 02:34 PM