Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Part P Inspections Reference to para 1.26!

A couple of months ago someone on here gave a url from government to
Building Regs on local councils which instructed them to for
certification out of their fees. Unfortunately I did not keep a copy
and its not on my news server!

Can someone give me the url as I have some friends who are very
interested in this document?

Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 19:31:56 +0000, Peter Hemmings wrote:

A couple of months ago someone on here gave a url from government to
Building Regs on local councils which instructed them to for certification
out of their fees. Unfortunately I did not keep a copy and its not on my
news server!

Can someone give me the url as I have some friends who are very interested
in this document?

Thanks

================================
The instruction (sent to all Councils) was from 'ODPM' ('Office of the
Deputy Prime Minister') which has now changed to:

http://www.communities.gov.uk/ which is ruled by that Kelly woman.

As far as I can remember the ruling is that any *testing* required / done
either by an external contractor or by a member of their own staff must
be paid by the Council out of the Application fee - i.e. no separate fee
for testing.

Cic.

--
================================
Testing UBUNTU Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

Peter Hemmings wrote:
A couple of months ago someone on here gave a url from government to
Building Regs on local councils which instructed them to for
certification out of their fees. Unfortunately I did not keep a copy
and its not on my news server!

Can someone give me the url as I have some friends who are very
interested in this document?

Thanks

Try http://www.communities.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1131042

I'm going to be bringing this to the BCO's attention on a job shortly.
Should be fun, he's already mentioned 3 times the need for me to make
sure the electrician provides a certificate.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Peter Hemmings writes:
A couple of months ago someone on here gave a url from government to
Building Regs on local councils which instructed them to for
certification out of their fees. Unfortunately I did not keep a copy
and its not on my news server!

Can someone give me the url as I have some friends who are very
interested in this document?

The government have reissued Part P and it now says this
explicitly in Part P itself.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dg wrote:
Peter Hemmings wrote:

A couple of months ago someone on here gave a url from government to
Building Regs on local councils which instructed them to for
certification out of their fees. Unfortunately I did not keep a copy
and its not on my news server!

Can someone give me the url as I have some friends who are very
interested in this document?

Thanks

Try http://www.communities.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1131042

Thanks for that, I have now found the original document which is in fact
the regulation, para 1.26 spells it out!

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/upl...F_ADP_2006.pdf

I'm going to be bringing this to the BCO's attention on a job shortly.
Should be fun, he's already mentioned 3 times the need for me to make
sure the electrician provides a certificate.

I just mentioned the para to my BCO when he seemed to suggest I paid and
"Hey Presto" he said "Oh you know about 1.26, its costing us a lot of
money!", I expect their fees will rise even more sharply next year to
cover the costs.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Hemmings wrote:

I just mentioned the para to my BCO when he seemed to suggest I paid and
"Hey Presto" he said "Oh you know about 1.26, its costing us a lot of
money!",

Is that bloody outrageous or what??

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:

Peter Hemmings wrote:

I just mentioned the para to my BCO when he seemed to suggest I paid
and "Hey Presto" he said "Oh you know about 1.26, its costing us a
lot of money!",

Is that bloody outrageous or what??

David

Sounds like it! If you're mug enough to pay, they'll let you - but if you
challenge them, *they* have to pay.

Does Section 1.26 say that they have to point out your rights to you?
--
Cheers,
Roger