Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Hemmings Peter Hemmings is offline

Default Part P Inspections Reference to para 1.26!

dg wrote:
Peter Hemmings wrote:

A couple of months ago someone on here gave a url from government to
Building Regs on local councils which instructed them to for
certification out of their fees. Unfortunately I did not keep a copy
and its not on my news server!

Can someone give me the url as I have some friends who are very
interested in this document?

Thanks

Try http://www.communities.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1131042

Thanks for that, I have now found the original document which is in fact
the regulation, para 1.26 spells it out!

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/upl...F_ADP_2006.pdf

I'm going to be bringing this to the BCO's attention on a job shortly.
Should be fun, he's already mentioned 3 times the need for me to make
sure the electrician provides a certificate.

I just mentioned the para to my BCO when he seemed to suggest I paid and
"Hey Presto" he said "Oh you know about 1.26, its costing us a lot of
money!", I expect their fees will rise even more sharply next year to
cover the costs.

dg