Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Abdullah Eyles

Default New electric drill - recommendations please :)

I have finally killed my (vintage?) Bosch CSB 400-2 drill. It served
me and my father well over the years, but finally succumbed to my
attempts to replace one of the bearings (long story...)

I would like to hear your opinion as to which make and model electric
drill you use or have been happy with...

I will use it for "normal" DIY, including concrete (up to 10mm drill),
steel (not so big!), wood etc. hammer needed, speed control not
necessary (I have an seperate electronic speed controller), reversing
not necessary (I have a seperate Bosch screwdriver). Would prefer
220V, not rechargeable...

I have seen a Matika HP 8450, and a Metabo SBE 560, but will search
more in the following days...

Thanks

Cutting floor tiles: Electric or Hand Operated cutter? Serial Bodger UK diy 12 August 17th 03 02:36 PM
o t ish changing gas and electric Jackie UK diy 4 August 10th 03 06:53 PM
how do I change electric drill chuck? Niel A. Farrow UK diy 16 August 10th 03 12:05 AM
SDS Drill Bit Life Rob UK diy 9 July 21st 03 07:47 PM
Another toolkit question Andrew McKay UK diy 32 July 15th 03 12:15 AM