IMM

Default New electric drill - recommendations please :)

"Abdullah Eyles" wrote in message
om...

I have finally killed my (vintage?) Bosch CSB 400-2 drill. It served
me and my father well over the years, but finally succumbed to my
attempts to replace one of the bearings (long story...)

I would like to hear your opinion as to which make and model electric
drill you use or have been happy with...

I will use it for "normal" DIY, including concrete (up to 10mm drill),
steel (not so big!), wood etc. hammer needed, speed control not
necessary (I have an seperate electronic speed controller), reversing
not necessary (I have a seperate Bosch screwdriver). Would prefer
220V, not rechargeable...

I have seen a Matika HP 8450, and a Metabo SBE 560, but will search
more in the following days...

Sounds like you need as SDS drill, which can also do chiselling. SCrewfix
do a Makita for around £120. Argos do a good Bosch for £99. For a simple
general purpose drill to accompany the SDS, buy a £13-15 cheapo from Argos,
B&Q, etc. Once you have an SDS you will never look back.

---