Dave Plowman

Default New electric drill - recommendations please :)

In article ,
Abdullah Eyles wrote:
I would like to hear your opinion as to which make and model electric
drill you use or have been happy with...

I will use it for "normal" DIY, including concrete (up to 10mm drill),
steel (not so big!), wood etc. hammer needed, speed control not
necessary (I have an seperate electronic speed controller), reversing
not necessary (I have a seperate Bosch screwdriver). Would prefer
220V, not rechargeable...

If you're serious about drilling masonry, you need an SDS drill - hammer
is a waste of time. Then you can buy a cheap and cheerful non hammer drill
for everything else.

--
*Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn