Christian McArdle

Default New electric drill - recommendations please :)

Before this thread get absorbed into the JCB SDS drill thread, I am
not that rich!!! can't afford two drills!!! (her indoors won't accept
that either!!!)

Masonry is not my primary target! mainly plastic (I make things out of
perspex/PVC) and wood...

If you are thinking of buying a Makita, you could afford two cheap drills.
If I had any masonry work to do at all, I'd prefer a 29.99 NuTool to the
most expensive standard hammer on the market. Add a 20 quid hammer drill
with reverse and trigger control and you're laughing. Why pay more? (Unless
you are in the trade, so could benefit from something that will provide
better duty cycles before giving in). As wood and plastic are such easy
materials to work with, the 20 quid drill would surely be fine.

Christian.