Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default discontinued MFI worktop

I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need additional
Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told it as been
discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra worktop I
need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been told that Howdens
Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told
it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been
told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are
trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

So tell howdens you had a fitter do the kitchen and has done a bunk leaving
you with an unfinished worktop area.
Tell them he supplied the kitchen worktop which was bought from them. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told
it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been
told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are
trade only.

So tell howdens you had a fitter do the kitchen and has done a bunk leaving
you with an unfinished worktop area.
Tell them he supplied the kitchen worktop which was bought from them. ;-)

They only deal with account holders so doubt that would work; and they'd
probably ask which of their trade customers the OP was talking about!
Having said that it's not that hard to blag a trade account (I told them
I was just setting up in business and that's all it took!) however a bit
of hassle for a one-off purchase (they'll likely run credit checks etc too).

Anyway - Howden's is simply the trade arm of MFI so I'm a bit surprised
that MFI have discontinued it and Howden's haven't.

I take it you are diy'ing the kitchen, and therefore not employing a
tradesman (who would probably have an account?) You just need someone
with an account to order it for you, and have it delivered to your
address. Or be creative: go and hang about the carpark at your local
Howden's and blag a favour of any old joiner going in there - ask him to
add it to his order and you'll take the worktop off him in the carpark,
with a tenner for his trouble.

Whereabouts are you - maybe there's an account holder reading this who
could help you?

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need additional
Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told it as been
discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra worktop I
need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been told that Howdens
Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Hi.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without any
problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Regards,

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

rocky wrote:
I am in Chesterfield, Derbys

And?

There are 3 Howdens in Derbyshire.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Sep 2006 09:53:11 -0700, "stevelup" wrote:

rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need additional
Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told it as been
discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra worktop I
need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been told that Howdens
Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Hi.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without any
problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Regards,

Steve

So just dress up like a joiner and stick a pencil behind your ear ..:-)

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been
told it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have
been told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they
are trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Hi.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without
any problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Regards,

Steve

So just dress up like a joiner and stick a pencil behind your ear
..:-)

Stuart

And wear a tool holster and some sawdust in your hair.

pmsl

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...

rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been
told it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have
been told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they
are trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Hi.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without
any problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Regards,

Steve

So just dress up like a joiner and stick a pencil behind your ear
..:-)

Stuart

And wear a tool holster and some sawdust in your hair.

Don't forget a few dirty sticking plasters on your fingers.

-- JJ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

rocky wrote:
[...]

Or ,even better,cut one off ..EEK...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

And wear a tool holster in your hair.

Yes, definitely IMM.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

And wear a tool holster in your hair.

Yes, definitely IMM.

Grow up,child?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stevelup wrote:
rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told
it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been
told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are
trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Hi.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without
any problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Regards,

Steve

Just brought my kitchen from them and I'm not trade (granted, I asked my
builder if I could 'use' his account but pay Howdens directly with credit
card...)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

cupra wrote:
stevelup wrote:
rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told
it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been
told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are
trade only.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without
any problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Just brought my kitchen from them and I'm not trade (granted, I asked my
builder if I could 'use' his account but pay Howdens directly with credit
card...)

Worth adding that it's still in the interests of a tradesman to let a
punter buy in this way (assuming the tradesman would not otherwise be in
a position to sell on to the punter at so-called 'list' prices) because
the more volume he puts through Howden's the bigger trade discount he
gets on all his other purchases there.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
cupra wrote:
stevelup wrote:
rocky wrote:
[...]

Yep - and we took good advantage of those trade prices....