Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default discontinued MFI worktop

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told
it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been
told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are
trade only.

So tell howdens you had a fitter do the kitchen and has done a bunk leaving
you with an unfinished worktop area.
Tell them he supplied the kitchen worktop which was bought from them. ;-)

They only deal with account holders so doubt that would work; and they'd
probably ask which of their trade customers the OP was talking about!
Having said that it's not that hard to blag a trade account (I told them
I was just setting up in business and that's all it took!) however a bit
of hassle for a one-off purchase (they'll likely run credit checks etc too).

Anyway - Howden's is simply the trade arm of MFI so I'm a bit surprised
that MFI have discontinued it and Howden's haven't.

I take it you are diy'ing the kitchen, and therefore not employing a
tradesman (who would probably have an account?) You just need someone
with an account to order it for you, and have it delivered to your
address. Or be creative: go and hang about the carpark at your local
Howden's and blag a favour of any old joiner going in there - ask him to
add it to his order and you'll take the worktop off him in the carpark,
with a tenner for his trouble.

Whereabouts are you - maybe there's an account holder reading this who
could help you?

David