DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   discontinued MFI worktop (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/175483-discontinued-mfi-worktop.html)

rocky September 10th 06 02:39 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need additional
Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told it as been
discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra worktop I
need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been told that Howdens
Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

The3rd Earl Of Derby September 10th 06 02:45 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told
it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been
told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are
trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

So tell howdens you had a fitter do the kitchen and has done a bunk leaving
you with an unfinished worktop area.
Tell them he supplied the kitchen worktop which was bought from them. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Lobster September 10th 06 04:07 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told
it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been
told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are
trade only.

So tell howdens you had a fitter do the kitchen and has done a bunk leaving
you with an unfinished worktop area.
Tell them he supplied the kitchen worktop which was bought from them. ;-)

They only deal with account holders so doubt that would work; and they'd
probably ask which of their trade customers the OP was talking about!
Having said that it's not that hard to blag a trade account (I told them
I was just setting up in business and that's all it took!) however a bit
of hassle for a one-off purchase (they'll likely run credit checks etc too).

Anyway - Howden's is simply the trade arm of MFI so I'm a bit surprised
that MFI have discontinued it and Howden's haven't.

I take it you are diy'ing the kitchen, and therefore not employing a
tradesman (who would probably have an account?) You just need someone
with an account to order it for you, and have it delivered to your
address. Or be creative: go and hang about the carpark at your local
Howden's and blag a favour of any old joiner going in there - ask him to
add it to his order and you'll take the worktop off him in the carpark,
with a tenner for his trouble.

Whereabouts are you - maybe there's an account holder reading this who
could help you?

David

stevelup September 10th 06 05:53 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need additional
Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told it as been
discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra worktop I
need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been told that Howdens
Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Hi.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without any
problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Regards,

Steve

The3rd Earl Of Derby September 10th 06 06:11 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

rocky wrote:
I am in Chesterfield, Derbys

And?

There are 3 Howdens in Derbyshire.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Stuart September 10th 06 06:37 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

On 10 Sep 2006 09:53:11 -0700, "stevelup" wrote:

rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need additional
Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told it as been
discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra worktop I
need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been told that Howdens
Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Hi.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without any
problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Regards,

Steve

So just dress up like a joiner and stick a pencil behind your ear ..:-)

Stuart

The3rd Earl Of Derby September 10th 06 06:43 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been
told it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have
been told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they
are trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Hi.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without
any problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Regards,

Steve

So just dress up like a joiner and stick a pencil behind your ear
..:-)

Stuart

And wear a tool holster and some sawdust in your hair.

pmsl

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Jason September 10th 06 07:23 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...

rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been
told it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have
been told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they
are trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Hi.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without
any problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Regards,

Steve

So just dress up like a joiner and stick a pencil behind your ear
..:-)

Stuart

And wear a tool holster and some sawdust in your hair.

Don't forget a few dirty sticking plasters on your fingers.

-- JJ

Stuart September 10th 06 10:11 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

rocky wrote:
[...]

Or ,even better,cut one off ..EEK...

Weatherlawyer September 10th 06 11:01 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

And wear a tool holster in your hair.

Yes, definitely IMM.

The3rd Earl Of Derby September 11th 06 03:04 AM

discontinued MFI worktop

Weatherlawyer wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

And wear a tool holster in your hair.

Yes, definitely IMM.

Grow up,child?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

cupra September 12th 06 01:33 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

stevelup wrote:
rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told
it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been
told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are
trade only.
Thanks for any advice..

Hi.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without
any problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Regards,

Steve

Just brought my kitchen from them and I'm not trade (granted, I asked my
builder if I could 'use' his account but pay Howdens directly with credit
card...)

Lobster September 12th 06 01:39 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

cupra wrote:
stevelup wrote:
rocky wrote:
I am extending a recently installed MFI kitchen for which I need
additional Royal Granite worktop,but contacting MFI I have been told
it as been discontinued.
Does any group reader know where I can possibly get the extra
worktop I need,done a google search but nothing comes up.I have been
told that Howdens Joinery do this particular worktop ,but they are
trade only.

I've bought from Howdens a number of times (Swindon Branch) without
any problem. I don't think their trade only rules are very stringent.

Just brought my kitchen from them and I'm not trade (granted, I asked my
builder if I could 'use' his account but pay Howdens directly with credit
card...)

Worth adding that it's still in the interests of a tradesman to let a
punter buy in this way (assuming the tradesman would not otherwise be in
a position to sell on to the punter at so-called 'list' prices) because
the more volume he puts through Howden's the bigger trade discount he
gets on all his other purchases there.

David

cupra September 12th 06 03:24 PM

discontinued MFI worktop

Lobster wrote:
cupra wrote:
stevelup wrote:
rocky wrote:
[...]

Yep - and we took good advantage of those trade prices....