Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dang! was looking for aluminium

on the internet to make finger plates for the dovetail jig and coming up
with expensive findings.

I didn't even think this stuff would be sold on ebay.
Lo&behold theres a machine shop just round the corner selling bloody
offcuts at reasonable prices.

Shat.
http://tinyurl.com/e963b

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
on the internet to make finger plates for the dovetail jig and coming up
with expensive findings.

I didn't even think this stuff would be sold on ebay.
Lo&behold theres a machine shop just round the corner selling bloody
offcuts at reasonable prices.

Shat.
http://tinyurl.com/e963b

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

All diy men should visit the local scrapyard every few weeks or so.
you will get all sorts of things at scrap prices.
Its amazing what some people dump and they are mangled up.
I rarely visited one without coming away with a bargain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
on the internet to make finger plates for the dovetail jig and
coming up with expensive findings.

I didn't even think this stuff would be sold on ebay.
Lo&behold theres a machine shop just round the corner selling bloody
offcuts at reasonable prices.

Shat.
http://tinyurl.com/e963b

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

All diy men should visit the local scrapyard every few weeks or so.
you will get all sorts of things at scrap prices.
Its amazing what some people dump and they are mangled up.
I rarely visited one without coming away with a bargain.

Whats a bargain look like? ;-)

I do want the allum in good condition ie not scratched.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Whats a bargain look like? ;-)

I do want the allum in good condition ie not scratched.

you might be lucky and get what you want but it will be cheap. Just
look around and be nice and they wont mind you snooping about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:

I need about 4' of 3" steel pipe. Can I bloody find any? Can I hell.

Well, of course, I can find plenty but I'd have to buy it.

--

If I wanted that I could get it any day easily and for a pound or
three or maybe free. Takes a bit of mooching but its there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
Where? Can't find any round here. Then again, 'cos Telford's all

zoned
we don't have industrial units mixed in with the housing like we did in
Hounslow. One of the very few things I miss about London is the better
class of skip we got. On the rare occasion there's a skip round here
that you can get at people put such rubbish in it.

Next time you see a rag and bone man or a guy with a load of scrap get
out of your car and ask him where is the nearest scrap yard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Next time you see a rag and bone man or a guy with a load of scrap
get out of your car and ask him where is the nearest scrap yard.

What colour tabs you on? I've never ever seen one since the 60's

We had one round here the other day. Only he went by too fast for me to
go out and have a rummage.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
What colour tabs you on? I've never ever seen one since the 60's

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

they are about, my lord, but you must look carefully as they may not be
on the old horse and car now.
scrap metal is still big business today.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Next time you see a rag and bone man or a guy with a load of scrap
get out of your car and ask him where is the nearest scrap yard.

What colour tabs you on? I've never ever seen one since the 60's

We had one round here the other day. Only he went by too fast for me
to go out and have a rummage.

You never saw the R&B man where I lived,you just heard him in the jigger
shouting,"Scrap Iron,Scrap Iron,Money for Scrap Iron".

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

You never saw the R&B man where I lived,you just heard him in the jigger
shouting,"Scrap Iron,Scrap Iron,Money for Scrap Iron".

Round here it's "Owd Oyin". I should imagine he hails from Dudloi.

--
Skipweasel

that red "anti-rust" primer dries *SO* dang slow - what's faster?maybe add cobalt drier? dave Metalworking 12 April 10th 06 04:33 AM
Dang! Steve B Metalworking 9 December 27th 05 05:02 PM
Dang, now THAT'S a mortiser! Bruce Adams Woodworking 13 August 13th 05 05:20 AM
OT - Dang Sun. I'm a lobster! Mike W. Woodworking 1 April 10th 05 06:02 PM