Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Dang! was looking for aluminium

In message , Guy King
writes
The message .com
from contains these words:

All diy men should visit the local scrapyard every few weeks or so.
you will get all sorts of things at scrap prices.

I need about 4' of 3" steel pipe. Can I bloody find any? Can I hell.

Last time I wanted some I had a chat with a local council worker and a
day or so later a length appeared outside my door, complete with a bit
of old concrete. A lot of standalone road signs, no waiting etc. are 3"
dia' plastic coated steel.
What does your local council do with its scrap? May be worth a word.

Well, of course, I can find plenty but I'd have to buy it.

--
Bill