Bruce Adams

Default Dang, now THAT'S a mortiser!

http://www.henneburyspecialtywoodcraft.com/IM000042.AVI

In case you HAVE to have this, it's Ebay # 7537673461

John B

Bruce Adams wrote:
http://www.henneburyspecialtywoodcraft.com/IM000042.AVI

In case you HAVE to have this, it's Ebay # 7537673461

G'day Bruce,
That's an understatement.
I've never seen anything like this before. It certainly is impressive
and efficient.
regards
John
Andy

Dang. Wow. I want one. What are all the tubes/hoses for?

Bruce Adams

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dang. Wow. I want one. What are all the tubes/hoses for?

Looks like a pneumatic workpiece clamp, pneumatically driven mortising head,
and a blower line to clear the prodiguous quantity of chips created.

Upscale

"Bruce Adams" wrote in message

Looks like a pneumatic workpiece clamp, pneumatically driven mortising

head,
and a blower line to clear the prodiguous quantity of chips created.

I suspect that mortise head takes some pretty specialized sharpening to
produce a cut that clean.

Stephen M

Wow.

I poked around their site....

Check out the joinery on the top of their custom furniture link.

http://www.henneburyspecialtywoodcraft.com/IM000042.AVI

In case you HAVE to have this, it's Ebay # 7537673461

This is a Maka Mortiser. My friend Dave Sochar at Acorn Woodworks in
Westfield IN has one. It works very well. Dave and his company make
fancy entrance doors and of cource lots of mortise-tenon. Our local
sharpening service sharpens the cutters.
Mike

Robatoy

In article ,
"Upscale" wrote:

"Bruce Adams" wrote in message

Looks like a pneumatic workpiece clamp, pneumatically driven mortising

head,
and a blower line to clear the prodiguous quantity of chips created.

I suspect that mortise head takes some pretty specialized sharpening to
produce a cut that clean.

I'm sure it's too noisy for the apartment..*G*

Pretty cool unit, eh? Only 5 grand US, German made..that thing can make
you money.
woodworker88

That makes my Delta look like a toy! I wonder how much one of those
blades costs.

Stephen M

The site actually suggests that they are not bad.

http://www.henneburyspecialtywoodcra...a_mortiser.htm

Go to the bottom of that page and check out the illustrations. That thing
can cut double mortises, haunched mortises, trapzoidal and T-shaped mortises
all in a single "operation" just by mounting the appropriate bit.

"woodworker88" wrote in message
oups.com...
That makes my Delta look like a toy! I wonder how much one of those
blades costs.

SonomaProducts.com

Pretty cool. It reminds me a bit of a chain mortiser
http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...a/M-7104L.html, but clearly
more versitle.

BW

Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:14:42 -0400, "Stephen M"
wrote:

Wow.

I poked around their site....

Check out the joinery on the top of their custom furniture link.

http://www.henneburyspecialtywoodcraft.com/

Wow, I'd say the word "craftsman" definitely applies in this case. I
even like the style, but the workmanship appears to be first-rate.