DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dang, now THAT'S a mortiser! (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/116685-dang-now-thats-mortiser.html)

Bruce Adams August 12th 05 03:47 AM

Dang, now THAT'S a mortiser!

http://www.henneburyspecialtywoodcraft.com/IM000042.AVI

In case you HAVE to have this, it's Ebay # 7537673461

John B August 12th 05 04:21 AM

Bruce Adams wrote:
http://www.henneburyspecialtywoodcraft.com/IM000042.AVI

In case you HAVE to have this, it's Ebay # 7537673461

G'day Bruce,
That's an understatement. ;)
I've never seen anything like this before. It certainly is impressive
and efficient.
regards
John

Andy August 12th 05 02:10 PM

Dang. Wow. I want one. What are all the tubes/hoses for?

Bruce Adams August 12th 05 02:17 PM

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dang. Wow. I want one. What are all the tubes/hoses for?

Looks like a pneumatic workpiece clamp, pneumatically driven mortising head,
and a blower line to clear the prodiguous quantity of chips created.

Upscale August 12th 05 02:32 PM

"Bruce Adams" wrote in message

Looks like a pneumatic workpiece clamp, pneumatically driven mortising

head,
and a blower line to clear the prodiguous quantity of chips created.

I suspect that mortise head takes some pretty specialized sharpening to
produce a cut that clean.

Stephen M August 12th 05 03:14 PM

Wow.

I poked around their site....

Check out the joinery on the top of their custom furniture link.

[email protected] August 12th 05 03:34 PM

This is a Maka Mortiser. My friend Dave Sochar at Acorn Woodworks in
Westfield IN has one. It works very well. Dave and his company make
fancy entrance doors and of cource lots of mortise-tenon. Our local
sharpening service sharpens the cutters.
Mike

Robatoy August 12th 05 03:43 PM

In article ,
"Upscale" wrote:

"Bruce Adams" wrote in message

Looks like a pneumatic workpiece clamp, pneumatically driven mortising

head,
and a blower line to clear the prodiguous quantity of chips created.

I suspect that mortise head takes some pretty specialized sharpening to
produce a cut that clean.

I'm sure it's too noisy for the apartment..*G*

Pretty cool unit, eh? Only 5 grand US, German made..that thing can make
you money.

woodworker88 August 12th 05 04:16 PM

That makes my Delta look like a toy! I wonder how much one of those
blades costs.

Stephen M August 12th 05 04:42 PM

The site actually suggests that they are not bad.

http://www.henneburyspecialtywoodcra...a_mortiser.htm

Go to the bottom of that page and check out the illustrations. That thing
can cut double mortises, haunched mortises, trapzoidal and T-shaped mortises
all in a single "operation" just by mounting the appropriate bit.

oups.com...

SonomaProducts.com August 12th 05 07:10 PM

Pretty cool. It reminds me a bit of a chain mortiser
http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...a/M-7104L.html, but clearly
more versitle.

BW

Mark & Juanita August 13th 05 05:20 AM

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:14:42 -0400, "Stephen M"
wrote:

Wow.

I poked around their site....

Check out the joinery on the top of their custom furniture link.

http://www.henneburyspecialtywoodcraft.com/

Wow, I'd say the word "craftsman" definitely applies in this case. I
even like the style, but the workmanship appears to be first-rate.