Old May 1st 06, 04:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth

Default How small a gap can a mouse get through?

As per the header.

I found a dead mouse today in a CU and the only entry point I could find was
where the tails entered and even that seemed too small to let the head
through.

Adam

Old May 1st 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

ARWadsworth wrote:
As per the header.

I found a dead mouse today in a CU and the only entry point I could
find was where the tails entered and even that seemed too small to
let the head through.

Adam

You'll be suprised where a mouse can get. :-)

At a guess, a 2p piece sized round hole.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Old May 1st 06, 04:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer

In article , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
ARWadsworth wrote:
As per the header.

I found a dead mouse today in a CU and the only entry point I could
find was where the tails entered and even that seemed too small to
let the head through.

Adam

You'll be suprised where a mouse can get. :-)

At a guess, a 2p piece sized round hole.

Less than that!, around 10mm or whatever that is in Mickey mouse
measurement!.....
--
Tony Sayer

Old May 1st 06, 04:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark A

The official government line is anywhere you can get a standard pencil
in. I didn't believe it till I saw it with my own eyes - a normal sized
adult mouse leaping up and vanishing through an air brick that I
couldn't even get my index finger into. It astonished me at the time.

Regards

Mark
Old May 1st 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
John White

"ARWadsworth" wrote:

I found a dead mouse today in a CU and the only entry point I could find was
where the tails entered and even that seemed too small to let the head
through.

From personal experience:

They can get through a 1/2" square hole (into an airing cupboard)
without any difficulty. I saw one do this when I surprised the little
bugger one evening.

They can also get through a 20mm knockout even when there are four
2.5mm singles running through it - Have you ever tried removing
carbonised mouse from a three phase isolator?

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor

Old May 1st 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Deborah Vecht

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" typed

ARWadsworth wrote:
As per the header.

I found a dead mouse today in a CU and the only entry point I could
find was where the tails entered and even that seemed too small to
let the head through.

Adam

You'll be suprised where a mouse can get. :-)

At a guess, a 2p piece sized round hole.

You'd get a rat through that!

I'd guess any hole large enough for a woman's little finger.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old May 1st 06, 05:30 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" typed

ARWadsworth wrote:
As per the header.

I found a dead mouse today in a CU and the only entry point I could
find was where the tails entered and even that seemed too small to
let the head through.

Adam

You'll be suprised where a mouse can get. :-)

At a guess, a 2p piece sized round hole.

You'd get a rat through that!

I'd guess any hole large enough for a woman's little finger.

That's a good guide but it doesn't have to be a round hole. A mouse's skull
is slightly flattened, broader than it's high. A round pencil hole wouldn't
allow a mouse through but squash it a bit and it would. IYKWIM.

Mary

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old May 1st 06, 05:48 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth

"Mark A" wrote in message
The official government line is anywhere you can get a standard pencil
in. I didn't believe it till I saw it with my own eyes - a normal sized
adult mouse leaping up and vanishing through an air brick that I
couldn't even get my index finger into. It astonished me at the time.

Regards

Mark
--

Pencils are standardised? B****y EU. Is that a round or hexagonal pencil?

The only hole the mouse could have got into this CU was through a
rectangular with two very tight 25mm tails passing through. I do believe a
hexagonal pencil will fit.

Cheers

Adam

Old May 1st 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
.

ARWadsworth wrote:
As per the header.

I found a dead mouse today in a CU and the only entry point I could
find was where the tails entered and even that seemed too small to
let the head through.

Adam

How small a gap can a mouse get through ? well, measure the hole
where the tails enter the CU and that's about right for ingress.
however, there seems to have been some malfunction of the
mouses egress strategy :-)

Old May 1st 06, 06:07 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected]

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
. uk...
As per the header.

I found a dead mouse today in a CU and the only entry point I could find
was where the tails entered and even that seemed too small to let the head
through.

I have seen them go through 1/2" mesh.

Mouse Balls Cliff Metalworking 47 April 2nd 06 05:10 AM
Small electrical motor question. 12 volts 230 Watts on Peg-Perego power wheel jeep rutman Electronics Repair 13 May 1st 05 10:28 PM
small accurate holes [email protected] Metalworking 21 March 12th 05 04:47 AM
How to 'contemporize' small bowls and boxes? Arch Woodturning 12 March 11th 04 08:26 PM
Small Shop Layout Traves W. Coppock Woodworking 2 July 12th 03 12:35 PM