Jim

Default Do B&Q Deliver?

Any idea if B&Q Warehouse deliver.

Looking to buy a shed (not avaliable online), but cant find out from the
website if stores deliver!

Anyone got any experience?

Chris Bacon

Jim wrote:
Any idea if B&Q Warehouse deliver.

Looking to buy a shed (not avaliable online), but cant find out from the
website if stores deliver!

Anyone got any experience?

ISTR they do, but it *costs*. I won't dwell on the quality of
B&Q (et al) sheds I've seen. Why not make one?

John Cartmell

In article ,
Chris Bacon wrote:
Jim wrote:
Any idea if B&Q Warehouse deliver.

Looking to buy a shed (not avaliable online), but cant find out from the
website if stores deliver!

Anyone got any experience?

ISTR they do, but it *costs*. I won't dwell on the quality of
B&Q (et al) sheds I've seen. Why not make one?

The shed I made (using shiplap) is better quality than the one I made up from
pre-formed parts which is better than the B & Q sheds.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Jim wrote:
Any idea if B&Q Warehouse deliver.

Looking to buy a shed (not avaliable online), but cant find out from
the website if stores deliver!

Anyone got any experience?

Someone not looking at the page right. :-)
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/miscellan...y/delivery.jsp
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

stoker

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Jim wrote:
Any idea if B&Q Warehouse deliver.

Looking to buy a shed (not avaliable online), but cant find out from
the website if stores deliver!

Anyone got any experience?

Someone not looking at the page right. :-)
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/miscellan...y/delivery.jsp
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

B&Q used to deliver free if you opened a Trade Account and spent more
than £50. I'm not sure if they still do.

Jim

Someone not looking at the page right. :-)
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/miscellan...y/delivery.jsp

It appears this refers to goods ordered "online"

i.e

Available in-store only Product is only available from your local B&Q
store. Ranges may vary so please check before travelling.

You can return unwanted goods to any B&Q store. Please take the Sales
Invoice received with your order and let the in-store customer service staff
know that you ordered the goods from www.diy.com and they will process your
refund immediately.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Jim wrote:
Someone not looking at the page right. :-)
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/miscellan...y/delivery.jsp

It appears this refers to goods ordered "online"

i.e

Available in-store only Product is only available from your
local B&Q store. Ranges may vary so please check before travelling.

You can return unwanted goods to any B&Q store. Please take the Sales
Invoice received with your order and let the in-store customer
service staff know that you ordered the goods from www.diy.com and
they will process your refund immediately.

Makes no difference whether ordered on-line or in the warehouse the prices
they quote are there.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Yes. Not cheap, not quick and, if there is anything wrong with the
article it takes as long for them to arrange to pick it up. Don't
sign for delivery until you have checked the item carefully.

I'm sure the driver will hang about for an hour whilst he checks out the
shed parts. :-(

Funnily, I had kitchen cupboard doors from B&Q delivered - they were order
only. And the driver checked the delivery against the order very
thoroughly. Went through each and every one to make sure it was as
ordered. I was impressed. Possibly he was a factory, rather than store,
delivery driver.

--
*If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
chris French

In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
Jim wrote:
Someone not looking at the page right. :-)
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/miscellan...y/delivery.jsp

It appears this refers to goods ordered "online"

i.e

Available in-store only Product is only available from your
local B&Q store. Ranges may vary so please check before travelling.

You can return unwanted goods to any B&Q store. Please take the Sales
Invoice received with your order and let the in-store customer
service staff know that you ordered the goods from www.diy.com and
they will process your refund immediately.

Makes no difference whether ordered on-line or in the warehouse the prices
they quote are there.

But the delivery prices quoted on the web site are for items ordered
online.

Delivery from a store is different
--
Chris French

Mike Dodd

Jim wrote:
Any idea if B&Q Warehouse deliver.

Looking to buy a shed (not avaliable online), but cant find out from the
website if stores deliver!

Anyone got any experience?

Yes, and unless you're next door, the cost will be around £20. I *had*
to use these to get some worktops delivered.

....and again, the week later after I snapped one of the worktops.

Delivery is fine, and they'll manhandle the items to where you need
them. On both occasions delivery was early morning (suited me fine).

Re. sheds and DIY, I'll go along with an earlier poster - head down to a
timber merchant and buy a load of shiplap - I spent about £200 on scant
and 16mm thick shiplap, and together with a few sheets of stirling board
crafted a bloody good shed.

Quite fun, too.

Infinitely better than the crap feather-edge ****e that the likes of B&Q
often sell

The3rd Earl Of Derby

chris French wrote:
In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
Jim wrote:
Someone not looking at the page right. :-)
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/miscellan...y/delivery.jsp

It appears this refers to goods ordered "online"

i.e

Available in-store only Product is only available from your
local B&Q store. Ranges may vary so please check before travelling.

You can return unwanted goods to any B&Q store. Please take the
Sales Invoice received with your order and let the in-store customer
service staff know that you ordered the goods from www.diy.com and
they will process your refund immediately.

Makes no difference whether ordered on-line or in the warehouse the
prices they quote are there.

But the delivery prices quoted on the web site are for items ordered
online.

Delivery from a store is different

And you can prove this?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Matt

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

The one I use has a map with circles at various distances/costs, but the
cost is prohibitive :-(

I can't believe anyone would use B&Q for delivering anything. Recent
experience showed It was actually cheaper to buy proper BS1088 marine
ply and have it delivered from a supplier 250 miles away (securely
wrapped in two free sheets of hardboard) than have WBP delivered 16
miles from B&Q (undoubtedly just chucked in the back of a van)

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Scozia wrote:
It's £20 delivery if you're inside the delivery boundary for the store,
free if you spend over £400.

Or £50 if outside the area and £30 if you spend over £400. I know cause
i happen to work for them

Respect, bro. A fearless man.

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
Thank goodness I have 3 cheaper sheds to go to in my location.
To this day I can honestly say I've never stepped foot in a B&Q
store.

I have one of those things called a "Hardware Store" just round the
corner from me

... which very few people in uk.d-i-y seem to have heard of

I'm have one too, and also...

large sheds...
1 Rapid Hardware
2 Taskers Hardware
1 Focus DIY
1 Wicks DIY
2 B&Q

And a local handymans store :-)

But do you know them well enough that you don't even need to haggle over
the price, you get an automatic discount ?

--
geoff
The3rd Earl Of Derby

raden wrote:
In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
Thank goodness I have 3 cheaper sheds to go to in my location.
To this day I can honestly say I've never stepped foot in a B&Q
store.

I have one of those things called a "Hardware Store" just round the
corner from me

... which very few people in uk.d-i-y seem to have heard of

I'm have one too, and also...

large sheds...
1 Rapid Hardware
2 Taskers Hardware
1 Focus DIY
1 Wicks DIY
2 B&Q

And a local handymans store :-)

But do you know them well enough that you don't even need to haggle
over the price, you get an automatic discount ?

Well the 2nd one down is the cheapeast out of the lot and I'm not going to
argue about a couple of quid discount for every £25 spent.
I only go to the handymans store for nails&screws. as its not worth
travelling just for these.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

-=Scozia=-

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Scozia wrote:
It's £20 delivery if you're inside the delivery boundary for the store,
free if you spend over £400.

Or £50 if outside the area and £30 if you spend over £400. I know cause
i happen to work for them

Respect, bro. A fearless man.

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

What can i say. i decided to go back to college so needed a nice easy job to
get the beer money in.

It helps being a qulified electrician too

-=Scozia=-

Bob Martin

in 457058 20051013 151905 "Jim" Jim wrote:
Any idea if B&Q Warehouse deliver.

Looking to buy a shed (not avaliable online), but cant find out from the
website if stores deliver!

Anyone got any experience?

The website (
www.diy.com) is ONLY for online ordering & delivery.
It is not a catalogue for what is available in store (something which is
sadly lacking).
raden

In message , -=Scozia=-
writes

Scozia wrote:
It's £20 delivery if you're inside the delivery boundary for the store,
free if you spend over £400.

Or £50 if outside the area and £30 if you spend over £400. I know cause
i happen to work for them

Respect, bro. A fearless man.

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

What can i say. i decided to go back to college so needed a nice easy job to
get the beer money in.

It helps being a qulified electrician too

I hope you don't write their signs too ...

--
geoff

B&Q - My part in its downfall... Richard Conway UK diy 18 October 11th 05 12:40 PM
B&Q Cable clearance fred UK diy 5 October 10th 05 11:17 PM
searching: schematics for oscilloscope Philips PM3267; can deliver PM3218, PM3632 Gerd Prien Electronics Repair 1 May 12th 05 06:58 PM
Santa Didn't Deliver? [email protected] Woodworking 3 January 3rd 05 12:49 PM